Kitting a Minarelli V1

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

I would like to go a bit faster on my Motron Sprint, and I was looking at throwing a 60cc kit on, and upon searching for one I found SO MANY different kits. So I ask you, What kit do you recommend?

004.JPG

Re: Kitting a Minarelli V1

talk to Mopagen

where*s the front fender

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

The front fender is at my friend's garage, I don;t have the nuts to keep it in place

I really like this one,

http://www.1977mopeds.com/product/129/Minarelli-V1-75cc-Polini-Kit/

can't go wrong as a bolt on or a lil work on matching.

I would not recommend the 60 kit. the 80cc polini is awesome, and the new MEARS 80cc kit on treatland looks even better (the transfer ports look much bigger). The BRN's have some issues bolting on the the V1 because I have heard they were actually made for a scooter. Get an expansion chamber to go along with it. stock gearing and carb you should be able to beast hills and top out at 40-45 (edited)

Polini!!!

polini out of stock. Even on treats.

the funny thing about v1 kits is that there aren't a lot of options between stock and beast. If you want a more modest speed boost you can always go with a smaller carb and smaller pipe. I have a set up with the EV circuit, the acceleration is great and with stock gearing you will never be embarrassed at stop light again. It will top out pretty low but if you're just looking for mid 40's then this is a good set up. Pair it with a 19mm carb and a bigger intake and you'll have yourself a sweet little bike.

smaller carb and pipe? How small can you get? Its stock already lol

lol, you need to do alot more reading and spend some cash on kits so you know what sam hell is going on .

brn, you must grind the sides to fit v1's.

the 60cc is awesome.. 50mph+ if you know how to tune and run a 19mm carb.

polini is not a 80cc kit either. 75cc is a little bit better but not correct either.

anyways.

the kit you choose is all up to the person buy it, you have to teach yourself the laugauge of mo peds. There not mc, so they all have problems. and there over cc'd to sell to the public. hype. (edited)

Made for scooters, haha.. that's a first I have ever heard any bullshit like that.

oh I meant the smaller of performance sizes, like a 17 or 19mm carb instead of a 24 and a smaller chamber or circuit pipe instead of some huge chamber zen craziness. yeah, what I wrote was pretty confusing, my B...

but i guess you could get a tiny 12.10 vespa carb if you really wanted an awesome down grade.

and mopagen is right, the 80cc polini is actually like 74 something i think.

Woah, Mo Peds, you mad? For the BRN's, like I said, it was something I heard, I was not stating it as a fact. As for the Polini, people call it different sizes (70, 75, 80, whatever), but everyone know what kit it is.

anyways, have you made any progress on your reed valve custom kit? that looked pretty sick

†▲m †▲m /

search the forums, theres soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much info. and so many of my newb questions were answered. so even search my name.

Its ok, no not mad. Some more learning. Kicking a quads ass off the line with 83cc ..

Starting line

Finish lne

smokey "where"

damn thats fast! so thats the reed valve build? is that with a BRN or something more custom?

just random vids, no clue what you talking about.

oh, I was confused. I thought those were vids of you. I have no idea where the reed valve thing came from. I thought i saw that mention somewhere as well. i guess today is an off day

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account