It pays to ask..

I called a guy about an Express today, not even really interested in it, and on a whim, asked if he had anything else.

I came home with two CT90s, and a 71 Suzuki Ts50.

Two of the bikes will supposedly run, but we'll see. I'm just going to part out the earlier CT90.

Re: It pays to ask..

Gotta get to the pics,...

Forgot the pictures.

IMAG0928.jpg
IMAG0930.jpg
IMAG0925.jpg

John Warren IhazJawas /

ive never seen pipes like that

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Ask and ye shall receive.

Nice score!

@IhazJawas: The pipes are high to facilitate trail rippin and reduce brush fire risk.

John Warren IhazJawas /

Cosmo Stinger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ask and ye shall receive.

> Nice score!

> @IhazJawas: The pipes are high to facilitate trail

> rippin and reduce brush fire risk.

Cool

Cleaned out the carb and... It's alive!!

I rode it down the street a couple times, running lean as Hell without that carb cover. Got up to an indicated 40mph while choking the carb with my hand. fun shit.

IMAG0942.jpg

rotary valve Gy6 ?

you are very lucky, i envy your find. let me ride that

pipe looks high rpm.

i think these are some of the few ye oldies that qualify for cafe, that's what i'd do.

where did you get the gy6 idea? gy6 is a 4 stroke scooter engine with a variator case built into it

Nope, not a gy6. Good ol rotary valve 2 stroke Suzuki. This thing sounds mean, and rrvs to the moon!

I'll probably leave this thing pretty much stock, I have the street version, an A50, that isn't running that I'll probably do something to.

Fuck yea, cleaned out the carb again, realized the idle jet was clogged right the Hell up. Main jet had a chunk of trash in it, and float bowl had some junk floating around. Got rid of that junk and cruised around for about an hour. Hella fun bike, was cruising wot at 50, so I feel something is amiss.

Totally worth the $110 I have in it.

Nice!

Dave Peterson /

The Hondas are an early version of the Trail 90. They are CT 200's and had two different sprockets on the rear wheel for high and low range. The later Trail 90's had a High/Low range switch on the gearbox.

Nice find!

Rad. Rode to work today alongside an Lb80 chappy. I guess I gotta ride dirty until the HiPo station opens Monday. At least I'm carrying the bill of sale with.

IMAG0943.jpg
IMAG0946.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account