Cargo option that fits helmet

Jeremy Calton /

Anybody know of anything that will work to hold a full-faced helmet and is lockable? It could be a real cargo carrier, or just something from Sears or Home Depot or whatever.

Waterproof/resistant would be nice.

Maybe somebody's already found or rigged something.

It will be stored in a garage, this is just for those 2-3 hours I'm inside someplace generally well-trafficked like a bar or restaurant or theater. It doesn't need to survive extensive urban overnight usage. It's a college town so my biggest enemy is probably drunken bro's.

Here's what my rear frame looks like, for reference:

Re: Cargo option that fits helmet

If its a full face just run your cable or chan through the chin gard?

Jeremy Calton /

I will do the cable thing, but it's really a flip-up or modular, so somebody could rip the chinguard off or even steal the face shield (I've heard of that happening).

The thing is, if I get anything that will fit a full-face helmet, it should also hold at least a 12-pack, and those are pretty hard to cable lock. I suppose I could have mentioned that criteria earlier...

Of the two, the beer one will probably end up being the more important.

There's gotta be a lockable crate or toolbox or something that's right around that size. Might hold some rain gear, too, that would be nice.

Hey, Deezy, can you post a link for whatever that is I'm looking at? Or at least something to Google. :)

I googled "helmet case" under images and that popped up after I scrolled down a ways.

Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If its a full face just run your cable or chan

> through the chin gard?

Jeremy Calton /

Weak-Ends Tj -- I addressed that in a previous post. It doesn't solve them ripping off the hinged chin guard or face shield, and I can't cable tie a 12 pack. :(

Thanks, Deezy. "helmet case -football" works great. That looks good for now. At some point I still want to be able to hold a 12 pack, but I a solid helmet case looks like it could at least hold a 6 pack.

John Warren IhazJawas /

get one of these:

http://www.rubbermaid.com/category/pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_Id=RP091427

The smaller one (around 30L) will hold a full face, and whatever else you want to throw in. Pretty cheap too, and lockable with a couple of padlocks.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account