Purely Attention Seeking

And I've had some wine today but can you honestly say this

looks better than mine

What? Just in case no one has seen my Tomos Revival. Hate away, I'm down with that :)

I took her for a drive today and I have to say I loved her much better flatter black. I might have to put some matte uv clear coat on so the duplicolor bed liner doesn't fade but anyways...

WTH ;)

Xeta

P.S. People have been ragging on me for using the word 'build'. Build doesn't just apply to frame modding or welding. Believe it or not I constitute what I have done as build even if it's mostly cosmetic. She came to me looking like an Ant and now she's, well, not so much. I'm very happy with what I've done considering I was going to trash her when I realized her resale value. Funny, now I'm glad I'll have her and the Bobber to fool with. (edited)

Re: Purely Attention Seeking

It's your bike, you are the only one that has to like it. Personally I'd have built it differently. I'd ditch all the plastic, the seat and relocate the fuel filler. Simple is best, I'd go for something like this. This is a flexer, which is what the revival frame is based on.

Wow. What did you use to paint the shocks etc.? I know the day will come when I ditch the plastic, only owned her since late October... cool though and thanx for sharing.

Where did you relocate the fuel filter? (edited)

John Warren IhazJawas /

i like what you have done with it and i liked it as the batmoped dont take it to heart its your ped i got all kinds of ragged on because i had a jawa, besides people bully people that have mopeds even people that own 1 themselves just a fact of life

It gets Better ;)

sadly in this case I would almost have to say it looked better before, but its your shit so who cares

Love you George!

Salsa Salsa /

I wanna take you to a gay bar.

I mean your bars are gay.

I care, maybe. Really? Before meaning before I repainted it or before as in the above photo? (edited)

As long as you wanna I don't care where we go ;)

Why doesn't the Streetmate get the same hate as the Revival? Same plastic overload?

they do.

I hadn't heard that. Seemed like it was all aimed at the Revival... hmmm...

Eggs?

John Warren IhazJawas /

^^mind blown!!!

Separation anxiety?

SkUG SkUGosarus /

personally i'd change the saddle and get out on the road

(or ditch all the plastic - its only slowing you down)

Hey, road her today- twice. The plastic isn't slowing me down as I've removed the rear rack which weighed a ton and other metal parts. Think I've actually lost weight in the process. But don't get me wrong- I get it. Lose the plastic, add a real tank- which adds weight and pipe, jet etc. Seriously though- right now- my funds are going else where. I could swing a can of bed liner or two so that's that. Next year probs after I get that Bobber I'll strip her down.

Best,

Xeta (edited)

But it takes 0$ to strip the plastic :D

What the hell are you talking about? $0 dollars. There is never zero cost.

John Warren IhazJawas /

i think he ment to take it off

I'm lost, take off the plastic? That leaves a ton of wires on the left side that need to be covered- somehow??? Plus I'm plastered so there it is. (edited)

Yeti the Figg /

You can do some pretty awesome stuff with the Revival with a little imagination and skill, of course the same can be said for any moped:

Yeti the Figg /

I know for a fact that the top bike there took maybe 1.5-2 hours to remove the plastics and unnecessary cosmetics.

The eggs: 6 of one, half dozen of the other. You guys never heard that before?

The batmoped vs. new version: bag full of assholes vs. an asshole full of bags.

You wanted attention, you got it. Please stop making threads about this bike. Go buy your Chinese imported bobber and stop mopeds.

Taking off is nothing. Making a new tank fit etc. a lot longer.

ahahhah :)

Jessie Something /

I'm a Tomos girl but stock Revivals look like a bag of dicks. So much wasted potential if you leave it like that.

Making a new tank fit isn't all that difficult. The black/orange Revival build up there is my husband's bike. He spent a few nights on it. Got the tank painted & set up in just a few hours. Entire build was basically done in less than 2 weeks of purchase & his looked exactly like your top photo there.

ehh LOL?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account