Turn signal mirrors?

https://www.treatland.tv/turn-signal-mirror-p/turn-signal-mirror-left.htm

I'm considering these for my bike since I commute to work everyday in the city and hand signals are useless since 95.7564532% of drivers are on their cell phones. And hand signals are annoying..

1. Does anyone ride with these?

2. Pictures? I'm apprehensive that these look like a scooter wanna-be, but turn signal mirrors are both function and rad...

3. I can't figure out where these might attach to. I assumed the handle bars but the description describes drilling near the reflectors.. on the body?

Re: Turn signal mirrors?

John Warren IhazJawas /

how would you attach them why not get regular turn signals?

heres a nice set https://www.treatland.tv/chrome-turn-signal-for-mopeds-p/chrome-turn-signal.htm

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but where would I attach those on to? The fender? The tail light? There isn't too much to work with on the Cobra's back end and I don't want to hack it up too much. I was thinking of bolting these https://www.treatland.tv/bolt-on-turn-signals-p/bolt-on-turn-signals.htm onto the fender, or even that red rack but I'm thinking fender = no visibility and the red rack = not enough surface area.

John Warren IhazJawas /

go to the hardware store and buy\fab some mounting brackets never hack the frame if you dont need to

John Warren IhazJawas /

i have 2 mounted on my front forks and 2 mounted on my rear luggage rack

The 95.7564532% of drivers who are on their cell phones that can not see hand signals are certainly not going to see the turn signals.

I have found that fluorescent green gloves with a reflective tape are the best signals, however, instrad of using correct signals just point to where you are going.

Ooooooo I like the Jawa turn sigs.

I just thought of something else. I was going replace the fenders with black ones anyway so what if I put a slimmer taillight on a black fender and bolt the turn signals on the sides? That way it will look clean I won't have to worry about modifying any of the stock parts... Crap for visibility?

thoughts?

fender mod.JPG

John Warren IhazJawas /

i would get a fender mounting bracket from a motorcycle shop but if you keep the wires away from the tire it should work

I'm assuming brackets would put the signals farther out to the side increasing visibility... That might work. I thought of just bolting it straight onto the fender since its plastic. With a closer look, it seems that edges may be curved so the turn signal might not sit flush :( Why can't this be easy and why are brackets $16!?

back2.gif

John Warren IhazJawas /

go to home dept and get some cheap bendable flat stock and make your own

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Will you be using a battery?, or just going to wire it off the magneto? If magneto, are you using a 12-volt lighting coil?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account