The PB Blasters Present: Blasture from the Pasture - Boston to Purgatory Chasm - June 23rd

-- RSVP HERE: http://www.facebook.com/events/258129364294482/ --

DATE AND TIME ARE CURRENTLY TENTATIVE... STANDBY.

The PB Blasters are coming out of the closet and hosting our first ride.

Pack your bags full of raw meat and join the PB Blasters on a ride through heaven and hell from Boston to Purgatory Chasm in Sutton, MA.

Purgatory Chasm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory_Chasm_State_Reservation

Get your bikes ready and bomb proof - we're taking a 40 mile trek from 20 Highgate Street in Allston to 198 Purgatory Road, Sutton, MA. That's 80 miles round trip.

Stock bikes welcome! No ped left behind.

We will rock climb. We will grill food. We will rough house. If there is time we'll ride stupid mopeds.

We have a couple trucks, but no chase driver... so if someone wants to drive, we can have a chase. Message me.

All are welcome from far and wide - friends from Worcester, Providence, and the suburbs, there is free street parking just around the corner. If you need a place to stay the night, either before or after, you can stay at Highgate if you don't kill anybody or light my car on fire.

If it rains, we'll push the date back to Sunday 6/24.

ARRIVE BETWEEN 9:00 AND 10:00. THE RIDE LEAVES AT 10:30 SHARP.

Re: The PB Blasters Present: Blasture from the Pasture - Boston to Purgatory Chasm - June 23rd

Love the gang name!

Re: The PB Blasters Present: Blasture from the Pasture - Boston to Purgatory Chasm - June 23rd

Ryan Pic /

Thanks man! Come ride with us.

Just met Fred Matthews last night and he tolde about this ride, I will be there with a group of three or four. I am anti Facebook so I can not RSVP.

Ryan Pic /

That's awesome dude. The more the merrier! Fred is a cool guy. We're gonna take a pit stop at his shop about halfway there and tighten up/chill out. Its like a wet dream.

yo, that's our turf, prepare to rumble

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

that wiki link has a picture with this caption:

Looking into "His Majesty's Cave."

Ryan Pic /

You should just come with, Sabat.

Damn, I wish this was happening sometime between 7/16 & 7/22. My boyfriend and I (http://www.mopedarmy.com/riders/stewardinc/) will be visiting my brother that lives in Allston. Would be awesome to meet up with you guys & ride if you have any loaners.

Ryan Pic /

I'll still be in Allston. Hit me up when you guys come.

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

bummer this is on the same weekend as the M23 rally. BTW I think I drive by your compound on highgate multiple times a day when I'm doing deliveries. somebodys got some gnarly black and red toptank?

Ryan Pic /

Yeah I had double checked dates with the Worcester and Providence rallies, but forgot about Brooklyn. At least those of us not making the trek to New York will still get to ride.

You do indeed drive past my palace, but that black and red toptank is actually my friend Sophie's who lives across the street. But she's moving into my house this weekend, so it will be here soon enough. Its a Cimatti with a Minarelli V1. Sweet bike.

I might hop on that train at some point If i have anything running by then. Rally map?

Ryan Pic /

We don't have a map quite yet. We're going to ride and figure out the route this weekend, and we'll report back. Sit tight, that info is coming.

Date Confirmation: Saturday June 23rd (rain date 6/24)

Ryan Pic /

The date is firmly Saturday, June 23rd. Start arriving at 20 Highgate Street in Allston, MA 9:00am. Ride leaves promptly at 10:30. Free air leak checks!

DATE CHANGE!!! The ride is now SATURDAY JUNE 30TH.

Ryan Pic /

We don't want to conflict with the Mission 23 Rally, so we are changing the date from the 23rd to the 30th of June.

Check the facebook event for more info: http://www.facebook.com/events/258129364294482/

Rain date: July 1st (Sunday)

i like pens

if i may add, i ride between here and there alot

r.t. 30 (comm ave) >all the way to Grafton rt122/122A rt140 junction)

is the best for riding and it's one road for something like 30 miles, you will have to jump on 9 for about 1.5 miles quickly, but you should be able to keep people from getting runover saturday afternoon, honestly you just have to look out for nails if you take the shoulder.

im not sure the best way from there, ill try and figure it out this week on out monday night if your gutsy enough to ride out (;

8PM @ vincents, at 9 ill take you a 3rd of the way back

the ride back you should make your way to 16, and take beacon st. in newton to Kenmore or comm if you allstonian

back to rt 20 / 30 / 9 is faster, tho (eastbound)

Sounds like that 30-122a junction is a good place to drop in from Worcester then... I like that 140 stretch alot. Real nice cruise.

Ryan Pic /

Hey man, thanks a lot for this. I ride 30 fairly often, and have even ridden long stretches of 9 (though its terrifying) so this sounds like it might be a good plan. However, we might go 16 to Holliston for a pit stop at one of our houses/shops and to gas up.

do ya got a rain date for the rain date? Its a bit away but just a heads up!

>>>>>>>

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/boston-ma/02108/june-weather/348735

Ryan Pic /

uh oh...

if i keep feeling the way i do i dont wanna go to brooklyn its too far from the good hospitals in mass

but il do a ride in the boston area anytime maybe il even show up on a fast jawa

Ryan Pic /

We changed the date! We're actually all going to Brooklyn now. The NEW date for this is June 30th. So you can go to both!

i have a hernia problem im not gonna stray too far from my hospital for a wile

STILL ON - SATURDAY JUNE 30

Ryan Pic /

This ride is still happening THIS SATURDAY, JUNE 30TH.

Arrive to 20 HIGHGATE STREET in Allston between 9:00am and 10:00am.

Ride leaves at 10:30am.

Facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/events/258129364294482/

Also, this event is part of a weekend of swap meets, movies, and parties to say farewell to Boston's kHz garage. Check out the weekend's facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/events/235175646599929/

I lived in Sutton last summer at this time. Form June til September....wish this was last year, had my revo up there with me.

Oh and the chasm and picnic area is an awesome place to be.

IMG_20110724_161132.jpg
IMG_20110724_165432.jpg

Ryan Pic /

ryan, pm you number, i may rip out early and meet you on 16 in the newton area

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account