First Moped Recommendations

Hello everyone. I am a newbie here, and I am looking to purchase my first moped. Perhaps some of you could share your recommendations for a bike that would be quick yet easy to use and maintain. I have been looking at a few different models (I like the Puch Maxis and Peugeot 103s right now). Thanks for your input!

Nate

Re: First Moped Recommendations

Salsa Salsa /

MAxis are easy to find and easy to work one. look for one with a e50 single speed engine and forks with a clamp for the handle bars not the T style.

agreed or a tomos sprint

+1 tomos sprints

little maintnence especially for 1998+ models. Can be shined up real nice! mines a beauty right now. There is also tons of parts for them too.

Michael Thomas /

+2 on Tomos.

VERY reliable and easy to get parts for. They are plentiful and I think the A35 is one of the best moped motors out there. They are also easy and cheap to make fast.

+3 on Tomos, but parts for the old A3's are harder to find.

Patrick Keaton /

Get an e50 one speed Puch. Do not worry about the handle bars that is on it. Tomos is more expensive for your area, but the way to go, if you want to pay more. Kinetic is a Vespa moped clone, that is good, but the frames are not as good as Puch or Tomos. Kinetic mopeds should sell for $50 less then a Puch. Peugeot mopeds are harder to work on, and should be avoided, unless you know how to work on the engines.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Puchs or any italian ped with a Minarelli V1 motor.

Puch

Tomos

Or Harleys

Fuck all that. Just go French.

1993-2006 Tomos step through (Sprint, ST, Targa, LX)

I would say whatever you like. It's all learnable.

Maybe get one of these.

Alonzo Branson /

Given enough time and/or inclination, I'd like to see the Chinese clone that one!

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

As you read and research here you will realize the importance of getting a moped that comes stock equipped with self cleaning clutch gaskets and an arugula filter made from real glycerine vibrafoam.

OR

One of these might make a fine first ped: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3054814,3054814#msg-3054814

------------But for real, get a 2H.P. E-50 powered Puch Maxi.-------------

Go for a 103 Peugeot those fuckers are reliable.

maxi's are easy, peugeot's can be easy but can be a whole lot of trouble too. Honestly if you START on a 103 they're not bad, they're just tough when you know other mopeds well, because french bikes can be pretty different.

e50's are insanely easy sure, but a 103 is pretty dead simple too. there are no mopeds that aren't doable.

ALSO speaking of hard: I'm about 90% right now...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account