Requirements for Tomos headlight?

I have a tomos targa lx and am wanting to get a round headlight. I saw a thread where somebody said they went to harbor freight and just bought a round one there and drilled holes in the side. How do I know that I am getting the right one? Is there a certain amount of volts or watts I shouldn't go over? I have no idea what any of them mean... Thanks

Re: Requirements for Tomos headlight?

bump

Also curious

bump

12 volts, and somewhere between 25-35 watts should do the trick. Basically any moped specific headlight can be made to work with the right bulb.

Yes, the alternator puts out 80 watts, your tail light is 5 watts, and your brake and turn signal lights are 10 watts. I tried a 55-watt bulb, but it fried the hi-lo beam switch contacts. So 35 max. That's what they use on the Streetmate and Revival, with the same handlebar switches. Check Treatland.tv for a bullet headlight. Or cobble something up. An 1156 or 1157 auto bulb is 27 watts.

i run a 55 watt headlight, speed o light, and 2 motorcycle LEDs

also on the stock voltage regulator, love them boxes

John Joedicke /

Any Puch round head light will adapt, put a 1157 bulb in it for 2 contact or a 1156 for one. You will never burn another bulb out again.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account