I got some cool free shit yesterday.

So i was coming in from a game of disc golf and I checked craigslist.

There was this 5 hour old ad that basically said, "There is a box of free scooter parts under the stop light at the corner of X and Y streets."

There was no contact info and I assumed it was gone by then (usually free shit gets nabbed in like 10 minutes) but I said fuck it and checked it out anyway.

The ad mentioned like some roller weights and a belt but when i got there it was like this awesome treasure trove.

There is this badass polini reedblock/intake, some other polini carbon fiber reeds, all kinds of roller weights, all kinds of clutch springs, all kinds of contra springs, a 21mm Arrehce carb brand new with a new throttle cable, a brand new OEM Yamaha scooter battery, all kinds of gaskets including those copper crush gaskets for hobbit exhausts, a Malossi Multivar for a Yamaha Jog engine, a brand new kevlar scooter belt, some brand new NGKs, a bunch of Arreche jets which cost like 5 dollars a piece, and a bunch of other crazy cool shit, most of it unused.

It was like christmas digging through this box.

Looking at all the shit in there dude must have spent like $400 easy.

Dude didn't have any contact info so I never got a chance to thank him.

Thats some hella good karma going his way.

A lot of this shit will work on my Hobbit build and other stuff will go into my R&D department for experiments.

I know, "cool story man".

Re: I got some cool free shit yesterday.

that's frigging awesome!

you da man

Thats good carma coming back to you man , good tate , great tate . Tate The Great !

It was probably stolen.

Pics or it didn't happen.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

Hmm i'd print that CL listing out... just to be on the safe side... just incase it wasn't theirs to give away...

but SCORE! :D

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Yea, my first thoughts. Someone stole a bike and box of parts out of a shed, sold off the bike, and ditched the parts.

Jessie Something /

That seems kinda ultra sketch.. Good for you, not not so good for whomever they stole it all from.

John Warren IhazJawas /

Seems untraceable

sounds like "this dude left this stuff at my place and it's pissing me off so i'm gonna leave iit on the corner and post it on craigslist."

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Totally

Slow Goer Tommy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> sounds like "this dude left this stuff at my place

> and it's pissing me off so i'm gonna leave iit on

> the corner and post it on craigslist."

and,

Jake P Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pics or it didn't happen.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

.................and I could use some roller weights.

"Someone stole a bike and box of parts out of a shed, sold off the bike, and ditched the parts. "

If someone stole a bike with all this stuff under the seat and sold the bike he would just give it to the buyer I assume, or they would try and sell it.

I will tell you what a thief WOULDN'T do, they wouldn't go out of their way to help someone out by putting shit out then putting it on CL.

If they wanted to get rid of it they would just chuck it in a dumpster or more likely sell it.

Madison is a nice place. People actually do random acts of kindness here.

That and you wouldn't believe the shit people (mostly college kids) throw away here.

It all came in a box with packing tape from, "Moped Hospital" out of Florida and there was a receipt in the bottom from 07/03.

"Pics or it didn't happen. "

This is most of it.

my guess is someone broke up and he left his shit at her place. she didnt want it or know what it was.

Tyler Zaucha /

Looks like a college kid is looking to move to me.

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

most likely it was a thief. probably stolen from a terminally ill nine year old right out from under his deathbed.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account