Would you pay 550 for this Maxi?????

White 1978 Puch Maxi. Bought it from a mechanic. Has a 2HP E50 engine and fairly new shocks & muffler. It runs well,

puch2.jpg

Re: Would you pay 550 for this Maxi?????

Does it have a title?

I dont need one for my state, but it has one from another state than where its located.

Also gonna cost my bout $70 in gas to go get it..

cleaned up, new tires, bars, forks, expansion chamber. looks pretty sharp. Yeah, that's totally reasonable.

No Sir, I don't like it.

fallout Survivor /

Patrick Keaton /

Here are some more to think about. http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/2988085321.html This one might have a kit and performance parts that have not been installed on this Hero. http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/3041218411.html $620 might be the best deal. At least one of these is best offer.

how much better is e50 with 2HP as opposed to 1.5... any better get up or top speed. or just more torque for hills???

its a nominal amount when you start moding.

good to know. thanks

looks like the PO is looking for groundhogs, and watching for UFOs with that headlight/mirror angle

id bet you could double the power with proper jetting, air filter and a good pipe. 550 is totally reasonable. sucks you have to drive so far.

$550 seems fair for a titled running maxi with some new stuff.

Probably Fred /

Not bad price but a kit, Head, carb, pipe, intake, filter, clutch and gears at gonna run you 300-400.00 bucks more

yah im prepared to slowly spend that much.... other ped im looking at is Sachs g3 that need ALOT of work to get road worthy. and parts are hard to find and expensive,, figuring a fairly big project is not best for my first ped, and summertime is short, i wanna ride now and wrench a bunch in the winter

guess im getting it tomorrow...

Benevolent Aroh /

Dewd. Thats my old maxi. I sold it to a lady from Dayton about 5 months ago. Runs good, needs a new clutch.. Ill buy that thing back from you, it was my first ped

tried sending you a PM.. she said someone from KY had sold it to here. i assume you did the work on it.. do you do good work??:) what all was done? parts used, known issues?? thanks.

looks good. concidereing all the parts that were put on it i would say go for it.

drunken mcfrenzy /

i think ben had it as a stock bike minus a pipe and carb, runs at about a solid 37-39. i'd give her 5 for it. (edited)

maxi is worth it.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

no way

drunken mcfrenzy /

yeah now that i think about it, i'd say 450 MAX. you can find plenty of these mudders up in the cincy craigslist.

its clean, running, and has a few mods including new forks. maybe not 550 but its definitely worth buying

new tires are worth it to me

Are those hydro or spring forks? Other than being fugly it seems reasonable. Always try to get lower ya never know.

dayum, fugly?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account