PRICING Help: '77 Maxi - Kitted, Running

Mariano Ulibarri /

I'm cutting loose one of my Maxis & trying to get a sense for a fair price. I built this bike up over the winter out of a couple of Maxis, a Pinto, and a lot of new stuff from Treats. It's running well - fires on first kick & has no issues to speak of.

Here's a list of parts:

-Rebuilt E50 w/ new seals

-Roller bearing crank (unknown brand - got it in a trade)

-Treats 50cc Kit w/ HiHi Puch Head

-Proma Circuit Pipe

-3 Shoe Treats Clutch

-16mm Dellorto SHA w/ Puch intake

-14/40 gearing

-Spoked rims, good tires

-Brand new Domino controls

-RDR Grip set

-All new cables (brakes, clutch, etc.)

Here are some pics:

Re: PRICING Help: '77 Maxi - Kitted, Running

Well who is your market? No one on MA will pay more than a few hundred. But if you're selling to randos on craigslist, the sky's the limit. The key to selling mopeds to strangers is having a really good idle, so it doesn't stall at a light or something and spook them. List it at 8 or 9 hundred on CL and see what bites.

Mariano Ulibarri /

Thanks man. I listed it for $650 here in New Mexico. Mopeds are fairly hard to come by here & prices are all over the place! CL prices are usually ridiculous, especially in Santa Fe.

someone got a v1 bronco before i got to it for $125. at the same time there's an ns50 for 1500 or puch 125 for 300.(prices are all over, but typically kinda high) I'm currently living in Albuquerque. might have a friend that is interested. i'll send her your craigslist post.

Mariano Ulibarri /

Yeah, I saw that Bronco too. It was long gone by the time I called!

ps. heading up to Sante Fe today to wrench/ ride/ hang possibly grill. PM me. always down to meet new people and ride. if not chris, dylan, and i will be at BLKBLK rally.

Patrick Keaton /

Are you a cable, or satelite, or telephone installer ? I never seen a moped wired where you have the loop, except on cable, satelite, and telephone installs. How much cash do you have in this ? You need to get your cash back that you got in it.Depending on what the moped cost to start with, it looks like you could have $650 invested it. What kind of forks are those. They look like Maxi forks, except the bottom of them looks like there are no springs.

Mariano Ulibarri /

Oh man, I'm in Vegas, NM - 1 hour north. Will be at BLK BLK though!

ABQ is an hour south. so Fante Se is the perfect middle ground. we'll be riding and wrenching if you decide to join us.

in NJ i would sell that for about 1500

about $800.00 in KC for that

I fucking love those handlebars

Overpriced Parts /

650.00 is a fair price

If I was still in NM, I'd pay $600-$650. Hold on to it 'till Highlands start classes, and I bet you could sell it. (edited)

NJ Dan can sll it for over a grand for sure.....

Mariano Ulibarri /

Thanks for all the input. I think $650 is fair. It's crazy to see how much prices can vary from region to region.

The splatterpaint bars and swingarm easily adds $200 to the value of the bike

Overpriced Parts /

But the thin rims and lack of spring forks and fender take a little coin off. One chuck hole with that ridged front and that thin type rim and ------

Patrick Keaton /

I think the rim can handle it, but you might be right about the forks,where the moped would be going over 30 mph.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account