Is this Ciao variated? Can you tell by the picture?

Title pretty much says it all.

I know some of the "deluxe" Ciaos were variated but with that side cover on I can't tell.

I want to know if she is one of the variated Ciaos before I make an offer or trek off to go take a look.

There is probably some other visual clue one of you clever Vespa knowing kids can point out.

Also were Ciaos all slow or were there 25 and 30mph models like there were for the Bravo and Grande and SI?

Also in that last picture there, is that thing above the speedo like a keyed ignition?

So yeah, tell me if this bitch be variated.

Re: Is this Ciao variated? Can you tell by the picture?

Rollo Tomassi /

Me thinks there should be a giant bump on back of the left cover if it's variated. Like on a Grande. I don't see one, so I vote a no on being variated. I'm far from an expect though.

that ciao is a single-speed.

there were 25 and 30 models.

25 has a 12.10 carb. 30 has a 12.12.

"that ciao is a single-speed. "

God why me! WHY ME!?

Probably not going to get it unless dude will almost give it to me.

Thanks for filling me in. Even if you destroyed my dreams.

single speed ciaos are still rad, and can be faster top-end than variated. Put a pipe on that and maybe a different rear pulley and call it a day

Yeah I mean for the right price I will just scoop it up, get her going, polish her up and pass it on to someone who is moped/curious.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account