Re: Accident details...

Tim Fuller /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

One thing that probably saves me a lot of pain is the limit of 25km/h. The other thing is that even though there are plenty of bike lanes, there is plenty of traffic (foot, bike, old people in electric chairs, women pushing big baby carriages, etc) in most of the urban areas. Since I don't want to take out a carriage of babies, or some six year old gunning home from school on his 14 inch bike, I am extremely cautious.

Closest I have come to disaster was on a wet road when I applied too much front brake (which is easy to do since my back brake sucks major donkey dick). Because of my slow speed and lack of momentum, I was able to catch the bike and myself, but it was a definite eye opener.

Unlike most of the world, I don't really have to be anywhere at any given time, so if it takes me twice as long to get somewhere, that is fine by me. I am not 15 years old and trying to figure out how "thrilling" I can make my moped rides. If I wanted a two wheel thrill ride I could have bought a small motorcycle for less money than I spent on my moped. Hell, I could have bought a NEW scooter here for what I paid for my used Tomos, but it would have the same speed limits and I prefer the moped over scooter form factor. Enjoy.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account