Re: New here, General 5 Star

† CH∆D † /

Looks good. Treat your ass to something nice.

awesome

Sweet, you would like A high comp head.

the rubber mounts are hard to come by and you kinda need 'em. I could take pictures of mine when i have a chance and you can actually buy castable rubber from moldmaking suppler (smoothon.com), cast a solid block and carve one that looks just like the original! or if you're feeling lazy and punk rock about things you can just wrap carpet padding around the top of your frame with duct tape! they both work equally well!

also you dont need a high comp head. the stock head is great, the compression is actually pretty high, especially with the polini kit. I wouldnt mod the engine for a while though... if you do, you wont even understand how much fun a kit is when you put one on.

oh and lastly the general frame isn't very "flexible", (the geometry is tight and specific) keep it to stock specs as best you can unless you're a pretty good welder. no other seats will fit, shocks 280mm, sealed bearing minarelli (or maybe sachs) wheels only. very very few parts will say "for general 5 star" specifically so measure twice, buy once or suffer the woe and regret...

Yea, I only gained 3.5 mph on a $40 high comp head, shitty upgrade...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account