Re: Commuting with a stock moped

John Warren IhazJawas /

I love how much gas i save commuting on my ped i do 7-8 days on 1 tank

I rode my kitted (and not kitted) Tomos to work for about 2 months which was just under 30mi/day. The fact that it took twice as long as driving my car (22-24 ish min by car vs 40-50 ish min by moped) caused me to stop. plus, if I broke down, I was realllllly far from walking anywhere, so there was always that added stress of "will I make it to work today?" on the ride in. It made riding mopeds not fun.

This was at the end of last summer. This spring I bough a motorcycle to get me to work now. Same time as in a car, but the MPG and Fun-Factor of a moped.

When I was in school though, I rode all of my peds, stock/kitted/whatever on the 9 mile/day commute to and from school. Every day, all year, unless it was raining. (edited)

I ride to work 60 miles uphill both ways 8 days a week. so youall can suckit

I got rid of my fairly new car in Feb after it was stolen, recovered damaged, and my insurance went through the roof. I figured if I was paying ridiculous city prices that I should live the city lifestyle and take public transit or ride a bike right? My work commute Car = 20-40min, MBTA = 45-1.5 hours, bike = death trap, moped 15-35min. I haven't had it for long but I get excited about my drive to work which helps drag my sorry self out of bed at 6 am. I did stall out on Saturday and it wouldn't start. Good thing I was 1 block from home. Turns out it was just too hot and humid. Started up the next day, no problems. I hope I continue to be that lucky... :/

cruise.JPG

Check your nuts and bolts at least once a week to make sure nothing vibrates loose. I lost a muffler on a commute once because I didn't.

60 miles would make my butt sore

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account