motobecane question

on the mobylette moped what exactly is the small lever on the rotating disc where the left pedal arm attaches? i'm assuming it's a selector knob for straight pedaling/motor usage but i am unsure. as of right now my rear wheel will only spin when on the "A" setting and when put on "M" the wheel locks up with a lot of tension. any explanation would be greatly appreciated. or if anyone by chance has the original manual if you could possibly xerox it and send it to me that would be greatly appreciated. i will pay you for the stamp and copies. email me at dave@mopedarmy.com if you can. thanks for your time

dave

-moped army-

RE: motobecane question

Simon King /

It's to switch it to "bicycle mode" - which dosen't try and engage the engine. I've had bad luck with it though. Everytime i try and switch it back it takes me a bit of playing with it to get it to catch. Unless you really need to pedal it, like you ran out of gas or something, I'd suggest not swapping it around to much.

there must be something wrong with your second (bicycle) chain if it's locking up when in bicycle mode.

You can get a replacement chain at any place that sells bicycle parts. The chain is 1/2'' x 1/8".

Where do I get new tires for my Mobymatic 1962 Maybyleyye MOTOBECANE ??

the tire has 23" x2" written on it ,the rim does also.

please help me

please help me dave wrote:

>

> on the mobylette moped what exactly is the small lever on the

> rotating disc where the left pedal arm attaches? i'm assuming

> it's a selector knob for straight pedaling/motor usage but i am

> unsure. as of right now my rear wheel will only spin when on

> the "A" setting and when put on "M" the wheel locks up with a

> lot of tension. any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

> or if anyone by chance has the original manual if you could

> possibly xerox it and send it to me that would be greatly

> appreciated. i will pay you for the stamp and copies. email

> me at dave@mopedarmy.com if you can. thanks for your time

>

> dave

> -moped army-

please help me

>

no the bike pedals fine in bicyle mode it just locks up in motor mode. i dropped the moped off at ryan's house on friday and his dad said he would look at it since ryan is away at college in delaware. hopefully he figured something out over the weekend. i wasn't really around to check things out with it. i got the title for it oin the mail though so once it's fixed i'm going to make it street legal right away. all those damn moving parts and belts on the moby. that's strange how the engine lowers itself when in 2nd gear.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account