Murray serial numbers?

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew about Murray serial numbers? I have what I think is an 81, but not sure. It's number starts as 1-84, and was wondering if anyone had any insight on year and horsepower? Thanks

Re: Murray serial numbers?

My 81 murray starts 1MU, 17 digits total.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

My 81 also starts with 1MU

Interesting, I'll have to write down the full number when I get home. I know it's starts 1-84 then I think it's 21 or 12 with 4 zeros after, so something like 1-84210000

My 1980 Murray starts B001 and then 4 more digits, but I suspect we may have different models.

I think you might be mixing up the model number with the VIN, my '81 Murray VIN has 17 digits starting with 1MU, but has a 9 digit model number, 1-08421000

Yeah, you're totally right. That's exactly what I was doing....sometimes I'm stupid for reasons beyond my comprehension.

With Murray bicycles the serial number usually lists the year as the first number. You have to guess the decade based on the bike and it's components. Looking at the above serial numbers it appears the 'peds may follow the same pattern.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account