Look What You Made Me Do

Removed Blue paint, will sand it down, putty around the emblem and paint Matte Black. So looks like I'm really keeping it this time unless anyone wants to buy it for $1000,000 :)

Re: Look What You Made Me Do

Emil Kniemel /

sucks. you totally could have just plasti-dip'ed the tank matte black.

oh well!

Plasti-dipped? Isn't that for wrench handles? No worries. Haven't begun sanding it yet. It'll look good when I'm finished- ehh for a fake gas tank. I like the idea of puttying the bat emblem so it looks like part of the tank. Blah blah yada yada.

Emil Kniemel /

Actually a cool idea but google plasti-dip problems and it's not difficult finding some. For example-

I'm looking for something more permanent. But again, cool idea.

It seems like plasti-dip would have more staying power if you sanded the surface with a lowish grit sandpaper? Just a thought. Every other bonding agent does better with a rough surface.

I'm confused. Has your whole existence on this site been to benefit from making a shitty revival into a shitty batman revival, and then selling it? And now you yourself wouldn't even ride the shitty batman revival that YOU built, so you're trying to make it into a ridable ped?

This is dumb.

Edit: built = accesorized (edited)

odd.

Salsa Salsa /

well looks like you have a shitty moped. congratulationscong !

Cool vid! Never seen it really enjoyed ! Thanx.

1. Bought the Revival.

1a. Learned everyone hates the Revival.

2. Rode the Revival.

2a. Discovered 29-30 miles an hour is not fast enough.

3. Got the Batmoped idea.

4. Made the Batmoped.

4a. Happy with it.

5. Father and Brother suggested I sell it (foolish I know now).

6. Discovered I could have bought the DF250RTB for a wee bit more cash than what I paid for the Revival.

6a. Sad about that.

6y&z. Hate the frame tank and want to buy performance parts for speed but all my savings are going towards the Bobber.

7. No one interested even for $900!

7a. Denial.

8. Acceptance.

8a. Remove Craigslist and ebay ads. Guess I'll keep her.

9. Hated the crappy paint job that scratches easily.

9a.Considered undoing Bat theme but I like the emblems and the running beacon light looks awesome in the evening.

10. Paint it idea happens- satin black would look cool and better and I've been bored.

So now I see it painted black in my minds eye. That's how it is and will be. As Donnie Darko once said: Destruction is a form of creation. Sure, it looks shitty now, but I didn't want to ride it around town with all the tank wiring exposed and like I wrote above- need to buy sandpaper before I can start painting it.

:)

Batmoped Reborn Begins

Slowly it goes. FYI the original paint was crappy thin. 2 or 3 rides and the keys were scratching into the paint. I've a good scuff on the rear fender and I don't remember doin anything :0

So, yeah, the goal is satin black (maybe with red trim) and I'm planning on re-installing the oil injection using a water bottle inside the fake gas tank, cap will be where the chrome ring is- making the tank functional- sorta.

No worries about starting another bat thread. I'll post progress pics of the painting process here.

Best,

Xeta

Emil Kniemel /

plasti-dip is meant to be semi-permanent and peel off if you dont like it. doesnt ruin paint either. also thats near the radiator of a car which im sure gets way hotter than your faux tank on the revival.

but yeah, knock yourself out.

I do like the idea, but I am going a bit more old-school permanent. Best, Xeta

Batmoped color question

So I'm torn

Should I go with Satin black which would look cool or, go with a dark blue grey something like the sanded abs in the picture? which would be close to the old school Bat suit...

Still have to sand the the left tank side and the rear fender but I'm now thinking of color. If I went with the grey I'd add the yellow into the bat logo. If satin black I may go all glossy black on the emblem??

Ideas welcome :) (edited)

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Get a cool seat, make it a top tank and kit it. Learn from your mistakes. Revivals make really nice top tanks, whatwith the large diameter frame.

Andrew Squiggman /

the batmobile in the early days was gloss black i think. his uniform was blue grey. the red pinstriping would look good on black. you really need to ride this in an early style costume, and put on a sidecar for robin.

Emil Kniemel /

*Radium City* Joshua Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Get a cool seat, make it a top tank and kit it.

> Learn from your mistakes. Revivals make really

> nice top tanks, whatwith the large diameter frame.

^^ what he says.

no matter what you do with paint or emblems or ornaments or dress up as batman whatever, it wont be as cool as a revival conversion. fat tubes + front disc brake is pretty cool.

Andrew Squiggman /

oh, and a bubble like windshield. to mimick the original dual bubble canopies. or one driver windshield, and a full robin boy wonder bubble on the side car. yes. you need a sidecar. robin has no bus pass.

Andrew Squiggman /

come on guys. who needs another revival conversion. this is xeta's bat ped. it must remain bat ped. it fills the whole bat-ped niche.

Flat black rat-ped at this point, bat-logo or not. Make it yours, you already tore up a new bike, go to town with it.

:) I love the windshield idea and have thought of it. I have the National cycle shield I bought that I may cut down to shape like the bubble or at least the outside shape... stuff to think about.

Truthfully if I had spare change, I'd put a real top tank and exhaust and the rest. My problem is that the 'money' is being saved for a 250 Bobber. So right now, I'm just keeping busy. After the Bobber, you bet I'll be souping this up. As I said- the original Revival finish looked great but was crappy thin and scratched with no effort. My 3 year old Chinese scooter hadn't a mark on it! So what the hell- might as well yak it some more since it be mine.

Making it a bat suit grey I think would actually look pretty original. I love black satin but that's nothing new... but it does come down to prep as everyone says... D'Ohhh!

Oh and no one "made " you do anything. I feel you on 30mph not fast enough. I' am fat and it makes my beloved 50v slow. Shelly can bury the needle because she is light, I can barely get it over 30! My "kit" is a diet! :) Don't listen to us except for repairs, make it how you want it to look! Ride the fuck out of it, if anyone gives you shit about it, f them. Rock it how YOU want it!

Thanx Steve- it just takes a second to say Fuck it! and suddenly the paint is off the damn thing! I've been thinking black for sure- but hell if I know what happens next. Thanx for the input. Best, Xeta

Thanx! Yeah, the title of the thread was purely kidding around. But I hear ya on all counts.

I'm also thinking of moving the ignition off tank. That would be cool and I wouldn't have to worry about keys scratching the finish. (edited)

Ignition Switch Removal

Oy! OKay, today I tried filling in the switch hole using the melt plastic with acetone method.

closed off the hole, cut up some plastic and made a nice paste filling.

But I think I should have done it in layers or, it was just too deep or I used too much solvent cause it didn't work. Lost half the day to this. Decided to do a quick patch. Thankfully I had extra abs which I cut and rounded by heat gun to fit.

Puttied and waiting to sand. Removing the switch should give the tank a nicer, larger look and the keys won't be scratching my new finish. Little by little.

Best,

Xeta

i missed something. what moped is this?

Search for Batmoped. It's a tomos Revival :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account