any one know where i can get some leds

doez any one sell led bulbs that would work in my tomos head light?

Re: any one know where i can get some leds

superbrightleds.com

you will need to wire in load resistors to though.

right here

Joe K (burgy) — May 16, 2012 09:09PM

superbrightleds.com

you will need to wire in load resistors to though.

i am going to be doing LED tail light (integrated) LED front turns, and LED headlight on my Tomos, anyone know what ohm resistors i will need?

ALL OF THEM!

this looks ledsly

Dude if you aren't familiar with how to build a voltage divider or wire up a rectifier I wouldn't bother. You're just going to end up burning out your expensive LEDs if you don't know what you're doing.

My advice would be to do some reading an learn a little about magnetos, rectifiers, leds, and resistors.

-Aron

there are plug and play options too. check ebay.

I have had good luck on my Tomos just using the automotive LED lights from SuperbrightLEDs. Just match the base and get the most lumens or the most LEDs that will fit in the space available. They seem to work fine without rectifiers or resistors. For a headlight, I don't think you will easily find a match for that large base on the euro-bulb. I bought an 1157 socket from the auto parts store and cemented it into the bulb holder from my stock CEV headlight, so I can use any bulb with a U.S. standard 1157 base. If you do that, first carefully observe how the original bulb fits in the bulb holder -- orientation of the filament and distance from filament to reflector -- then glue the 1157 socket in to match those dimensions. This will give you a beam similar to the original setup if you use a filament bulb. However, with LEDs, you will need a 40-LED "tower" bulb to get some semblance of a beam, and the mounting of the 1157 socket will not matter much. For turn signals, you need enough current draw to make the flasher flash, or you need to install an electronic flasher designed for LED bulbs. They can also be found at Superbright.

There are some very powerful (and fairly expensive) LED lights, but I haven't ponied up the money to try them.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account