Re: World's fastest Jawa...

Vlado vlado /

on my two 210's I used Tomos long header coupled to Jamarcol Fuego slide on pipe with a bracket- from Treats-

no welding needed, just get strong clamp from them too, for shim use sliver of exhaust gasket sheet from auto store-

this way it is possible to mantain enough room for pedals and use existing hanger- one bolt is enough

fit is super tight but doable, maybe a little pursuading w/a hammer to slightly flatten it on chain side

you have to cut/drill/dremmel/file/tap the cylinder as explained above or on WIKI (will add pics soon) to use 25mm header, but it is worth the effort, especially if you conically enlarge exhaust port to match the haeder's size...

Robert Rosselit Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have a question for you, mopedjay.

>

> Have you ever tried to put the cylinder head from

> a Chinese 2-stroke scooter on a Jawa?

>

> It looks like a close fit with the

> Minarelli/Yamaha JOG clones. You seem to be the

> person most likely to have both Jawas and Chinese

> scooters, so I thought I'd ask.

never tried it but i can see one slight problem the upper rod bearing on a jawa is 14mm the minarelli engines some 10mm some 12mm not that a spacer cant be machined though

the pipe i have started life off for a morini s5 for an lem50 minibike

pics are on my computer which i dont have with me il post pics when i get back from acadia

i made the intake out of 1/2 inch emt

il post more when i come back in a few days

also willd theres a site you can get the kick start parts and they sell complete nos engines http://www.mz-b.net/

THE 4 MOPED RULE

Oh, not the whole cylinder, though that would be pretty bad ass, I was just thinking of using the cylinder head.

The idea would be to buy a nice high comp head with a squish band.

Are you using a Batavus reed?

Vlado vlado /

yes, it is perfect fit for the size, just need more time, you know- multitasking person...

adding some pics, look at them and put on WIKI:

first pic shows 210 original and dremelled cylinders- that is harder to do than next one, but looks more professional

second is quickier to do, parts of top fins are cut off to be able to use flat file to smooth the surface

third is detailed look after Tomos header attached on- I made bolts as long as they go through second row of fins and touch the cylinder studs to get solid strenght- when taking cylinder off it has to be unscrewed out for the clearance...

more pics on the following post

jawa exhaust fit 001e.JPG
Jawa 210 engine 012e.JPG
jawa exhaust fit 004e.JPG

would anybody be interested in a 1/4" thick steel spacer that would raise the exhaust out past the cylinder and have holes for bolts in it?

thats something i could make pretty easy if there is a market for it. there is a jawa engine somewhere in milwaukee, i could prototype if people are interested.

Vlado vlado /

more pics

detail of the slanted mounting area

cylinder sleeve pressed out for easier porting

tinkering with reed valve from Batavus- no results yet...

Jawa 210 engine 013e.JPG
jawa cylinder 033e.JPG
jawa cylinder 011e.JPG

Vlado vlado /

thanks, not bad idea- could make the change to larger flange much easier-

but I am fully satisfied with my method

Frank Horrigan /

Bumping this thread after talking to a friend about getting a kit for a jawa. I know they don't make them but there are a few cylinders that are close in stroke. The mb5 and nsr are the same stroke but I thing the cooling fins are wrong. The ktm and kymco would be the closet fit.

Has anyone really tried putting another top end on other then a 210 top end?

Cody H BUZZARD Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> All you need is one moped as a daily rider. Borrow

> your buddy's ped for racing. If your daily rider

> breaks down borrow your buddys stock bike. And if

> a friend needs a bike to ride, refer him to

> forementioned buddy with moped surplus.

Lol. Best response ever.

Hay guys im about to go pick up this JAWA X30 on Saturday. The guys wants $100 and its been sitting in his garage since the 80's. its looks like its all there but im sure the tank is rusted and he dosent know if the motor is locked up or not but hes assuming no. So my question is how much should i offer the guy. After doing some research it seems as though the carburetor and air box are kind of a pain if you don't have the stock one. So if i show up and the air box is missing, and the tank is rusted but its not locked up how much should i offer. And if the motor is locked up is the bike worth picking up at all. thanks for your help guys

5Nd5G55K23E13n43Ncc6j2c40a88e03a11ef8.jpg

if hes asking $100 offer $50. if you need an airbox or carb let me know i have the stock carb and box from my 207/

AWESOME thanks man. I was thinking about Flipping this ped and selling it for 300 in my home town. mopeds are hard to come by around here so im sure i could sell it for 300 if its not to bad. I really want a Puch Maxi so im trying to work my way up

Bump for some Jawa head swapping knowledge.

Anybody?

there's very little room to work with on there. I'm thinking my next bike will be another jawa, or a kreidler.

i told you, go kreidler....

Just got an x30...runs mint...57 original miles...drilled holes in baffle and hit 33 flats...fairly smooth ride...I'm hoping someone has done some of the mixmatching to c what other options can be done...I'm thinking 14.12 will help...jikov is cool looking, but not snappy enough for my daily hill tromps...

IMG586.jpg
IMG587.jpg

rad jawa. the side decals are sexxx

We gave it a once over, and it went 40 miles home to Ken..

(edited)

Will, little room where? Around the cylinder sleeve?

yea just in general, or for ther cylinders

I've been wanting to replace the head on my 207 with something that has a more reliable sealing surface but can't find anything with a close stud spacing. Jawa studs aren't all spaced the same horizontaly and vertically. Anyone wanna add to the scooter and moped stud spacing page in the wiki?

what batavus reed block are you tinkering with thanks just got my self a brand new jawa 210 pedal and pop which has been dry warm stored for 23 year its a 1991 ive had the clock out of it standard @60kph want it to go faster

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Senator Perkins of the Guns had a quick Jawa, but i dont think it was jawa powered. I just remember the tank. If it was Jawa powered i think that he would have to be in contention for fastest.

wiffle's is the fastest i've seen. I think he used to have a fast sachs too that kinda kept me motivated on my first one.

I believe it's from a Laura M48.

thanks i just had the idea yesterday about putting a reed valve on my ped and found this site today and someone is already tinkering with the idea lol cheers

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account