weird solex mopeds

vanilladog /

Has anyone seen the solex called the trotilex break> I am wondering if anyone out there has the trotilex miniscooter, and also the solex 3 wheeler, and if so, how do they run? does the trotilex fold up so you can carry it on the bus or train? I like the 3 wheeler too, because I would love to get one and put a hotdog cooker on the back end of it and get a permit to sell hotdogs! It is so cool! Any info would be apreciated, just reply to this message.

Scott NJ soon to be in SC

Re: weird solex mopeds

I've got a couple of the two wheelers and they are fun in their own strange way.

The Grande will leave them in the dust, but the Solex has a certain "Fun Factor" that never ceases to get attention.

You have to get used to pedalling in situations where you would just crack the throttle on a regular moped. The Solex will get you there and back, just at it's own pace.

Just part of the "strangeness" that makes them unique.

I imagine the Trotilex would be faster than the regular Solex.

Jim

Hey,`Nilla! How you doin',man?So you're movin' to a warmer climate?I'm very envious of you right now.There's a `Solex Club of North America',I think.Do a Google search and you'll find it.It's based in Canada,I'm pretty sure.E-mail them for info. on it.Take care,`Nilla!

vanilladog /

CHeers right back atcha, Don! So the club is in "America Junior", huh? I will check it out. We will have to come and bug you in Ohio with our mopeds when we get settled in. My roomate has a solex and a Sears Allstate, which is currently the oldest registered moped in NJ. I think I am going to add the solex 3 wheeler to my collection in the near future.

Scott NJ

That's "America junior eh " not "America junior huh " Get it right eh. ;-) bruce

Scott:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solexownersofamerica/

It's the biggest group on the solex, with a ton of info.

Jim

Can you get an antique tag?

Hey,Scott!Wonder if you could keep your friend's Allstate registered in Jersey as an antique vehicle.The tags might be pretty cool on the `ol Puch Allstate.Or was it made by someone else?Keep `pedding `Nilla! You are gonna have beautiful weather from now on.To the Fortunate Canine,`Nilla Dog!....HaHaHaHaHaaaa!(:^)

vanilladog /

Kool. thanx for the solex group info Jim. Don, the Allstate my roomate owns is a SEARS model... was sold thru their catalog.

Okay,Nilla,but I think it's a Puch made for Sears.Maybe not though.Enjoy your new location,`Nilla!

vanilladog /

It is a Puch made for sears. They used to carry the newer puch models in the 70s as well, sold as "free spirit" mopeds. Sears and Puch must have really liked each other.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account