Well fuck: moped bites

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

I am starting to think working on mopeds is equally dangerous as riding them. Got just as bad a bite yesterday as the one pictured. If I keep this up I won't have anymore hand left.

Re: Well fuck: moped bites

Wounds make you hardcore; you're doing it right.

I Look Like Shit /

that is a lumpy hand

Stupid is as stupid dose.

Be careful around chains and sprockets too!

Did you punch a sprocket?

Perfekt Timing Angel /

I like to call them 'Moped Kisses.'

♣Slew Foot♣ /

i used to be the victim of moped shinning-

a weird pedal kickstart malady when the tomos used to backswig once in a great while kicking the pedal under force right smak dab in that nasty place where it hurts like hell, although not as bloody as the mx pedals on the batavus rippin flesh after a footslip or pavement catch.

wrenching is pretty safe for me. i clocked myself enough x's i learned and the knuckle scrapes are not happing as of late due to availibility of air tools.

Perfekt Timing Angel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I like to call them 'Moped Kisses.'

Yep punched a sprocket

I caught myself in the squishy wrist skin with a sprocket. So fun.

I like to dremel my hands.

just use your pinky for a piston stop

Wow^ I was just thinking put a socket between your front sprocket and case.

i like to think after enough of this type of stuff, you won't need wrenches anymore. you'll be so tough you can just reach in there and torque your nuts down to a million foot pounds with just your fingers.

try to keep welders and angle grinders out of your tool box if you sill might be a "noob."

i used to be the victim of moped shinning-

Did you and your moped get snowed in at a hotel in the mountains and the moped went crazy and tried to kill you?

i've never angle grinded myself but i know people who have and its not pretty but its not taht bad basically stop being such a girl haha i love this site you all have the same stories as im finding out and we're all in this thing together be careful haha

Putting moped on stand, and getting my shin assaulted with the pedal.

drunken mcfrenzy /

make sure you rub that grease into your blood.

You better fight back!! Don't let that moped think you are a punk.

that color looks off. like purple hands. do you make your own WHINE?

NoISy BOyS KEV /

I was changing tires last week.. I have the same scar, but i also managed to hammer fist myself in the nut sac.... It was soooooooo painful..

Anyone else find K.O.'s rambling unpunctuated stream of consciousness posting incredibly annoying?

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

جة نارية لدي درا Wrote:

> Anyone else find K.O.'s rambling unpunctuated

> stream of consciousness posting incredibly

> annoying?

Yes. Use a . or a , every now and then.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

+1 on the angle grinder...

had a wire brush attachment jump and take a chunk out of wrist... as it was red hot it sealed it more or less straigh away - no blood! woo!

Top tip don't wire brush your body parts - it hurts!

(Was stripping the paint off my 1973 Mk 3 Triumph GT6 Chassis)

My Dad managed to smack his hand with a lump hammer whilst trying to chisel a nut n bolt in half, on top of a "top hat" shaped Austin 7 (Dixie in america i believe)

the skin splattered on the top from the impact of the hammer and the shape of the (broken) chassis cut into his hand (imagine cross section of a top hat) cut into his hand, he put pressure on the top to stop the bleeding... the blood came out the bottom... he kept droppign the chisel... i'll go get the eletrical tape...

taped him up - got that nut off 1936 bolts where built strong!

Right on the fleshy bit between your thumb and fingers, lost all feelings exept for hot and cold...

I've so far managed to bash both my ankles on the pedals, smack myself in the balls when the forks came apart and at the same time from the bike on my foot, burn my hands on the exhaust (oh yeah it gets hot durr) and i'm sure it'll try to take chunks out of me in many other ways...

جة نارية لدي درا Wrote:

> Anyone else find K.O.'s rambling unpunctuated

> stream of consciousness posting incredibly

> annoying?

lol yea but he really likes this site and haha has mopeds an jks all the time and he's real excited haha to be here and has good points too haha

lol haha yea i know mopads are great and turds falling out of mouths are beneficial to everyone haha angle grinding is SO HARD how can you do it im part of a community now haha

I wish I could count the scars I have from shit like that.

Moped Injury Checklist

Punch a sprocket: yup, done it

Slice finger open on sharp edges from a machined casting: mmhmm

Cut through a glove and into finger with angle grinder: oh yeah, smells like burnin rubber

Receive countless burns from welding/torching: yeah, the sparks that land on your palm and in your nose feel the best. believe me, go try it.

Wire brush wheeled your finger print off: uh huh, it did come back though.

Get carb cleaner in an open wound and or mouth: yep, feel the burn man.

Practically slice off the connecting tissue between your thumb and index finger via slipping of a flathead screwdriver: mmmm, blood

I could keep going all day...

you guys are clumsy, get some life insurance and name me the benifactor. k thanks.

Cody H BUZZARD Wrote:

> you guys are clumsy, get some life insurance and

> name me the benifactor. k thanks.

Lolz

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account