Re: Newb Questions Thread (newbs feel free to ask your own)

Michael Dreamboat /

question no 23

Rained hard on my moped. Started it up and she died about three feet. Waited a bit, and she started up and rode no problems. But there may have been some damage.

The speedometer no longer works. I suppose this could be coincidence, but it stopped working immediately after the heavy rainfall. Not that I really need the speedometer as the top speed is around 30mph, and that's pretty much the speed she's always going.

But still, what do you think the problem is? And is it an easy fix?

Michael Dreamboat /

question no 89

1. 4stroking at wot. Try bigger or smaller jet? Wiki says change jets but doesn't specify bigger or smaller.

What kind of gps do you all use to measure actual speed? Any cheap ones you could mount permanently to a 'ped?

23: doesn't sound like rain was the problem. make sure your choke is on when starting a cold ped. as for the speedo, check to make sure the speedo cable is connected and not damaged in side the cable housing

you can always replace the speedo for a wired programmable bicycle speedo for a quick, cheap fix

89: smaller jet

as for gps, most people just use the gps on a smart phone

Tal Reznikov /

when using a wired programmable bike speedo, is there a way to hook it up so you dont have to charge it?

they're motion activated, so the battery in them lasts a long time, but i dont know how to wire it to the bike directly if that's what you're asking (sure it can be done, but that's above my electrical skill level)

What is reality?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account