2-Stroke question

My friends girlfriend brought me her sundiro to fix, says it runs sluggish and dies. So I do the usual, new plug, clean carb, clean air filter, then as I'm checking for fuel flow, I notice a brown tint to the gas (its not dirt or rust). I think the previous owner mixed motor oil in the gas instead of 2-stroke.

Now I'm wondering, what would motor oil do to a 2-Stroke engine? Short term or long term.

And heres the kicker, I put in a new oil pump (the old one was bad, thats why they were premixing), flushed out the tank and put in fresh gas, then fresh oil in the reserve. Now the bastard wont even start! It was starting quite easy with the 'brown gas', why wont it now? I assumed the plug, but it looks fine and has a good spark on it.

What else should I try? I'm stumped.

Re: 2-Stroke question

Ron Brown /

Vespa,

I hope you bled the oil pump and feed line when you installed the new one and adjusted the pump if it requires it.

Now back to the no start problem. Does the plug get wet? Does the engine fire if you squirt a little gas in the intake?

Ron

Plug is wet, it just doesnt seem to be firing inside the engine. Im going to yank the exhaust, Ill let you know if I find anything.

Ron Brown /

Vespa,

Try a new plug.

Ron

yup.... I had the same problem.. I swore it was the plug wire grounding out.. I tried about 4 diffren't kinds of spark plugs and finaly got it right ..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account