Glad to be a part of this momentous occassion

Larry Shaber /

"I am very happy to be a part of this Forum. I have been around moped sinces they became trendy in the US back in the disco days of 1977. My first moped was a 1977 Orange 1978 Black Garelli with Mag wheels. I gave my Garelli away a few years ago to the son of a girl I was dating (regret it now). I recently purchased the exact same year, make & model, color Motobecane as my first bike 22 years ago. Oddly enough, today, before even hearing about this new Moped internet forum, I purchased my second moped, a 1977 blue Snark Bianchi. I am reliving the late 70's and early 80's all over again & loving it. I have them parked next to my 1998 VW New Beetle which I treasure just as much. I hope this Moped Forum is a big success because I would love to trade stories and parts with everyone in the Group and maybe even have a cruise night or something. Moped On!"

Re: Glad to be a part of this momentous occassion

"<br>I hope so too....post away with the moped stories, i'd love to trade you some......i might throw up a new forum actually devoted to moped adventure stories......would anyone have any interest in that?<p><br>:I hope this Moped Forum is a big success because :I would love to trade stories and parts with :everyone in the Group and maybe even have a :cruise night or something. Moped On!<p>"

": I have so many stories to tell dating back to the late 1970's to the early 1980's. My moped used to be a ""chick magnet"" back in those days. I used to pick up my dates on the chrome luggage rack of my orange 1977 Motobecane while my friends were still ri"

": <br>: I hope so too....post away with the moped stories, i'd love to trade you some......i might throw up a new forum actually devoted to moped adventure stories......would anyone have any interest in that?<p>: <br>: :I hope this Moped Forum is a big success because :I would love to trade stories and parts with :everyone in the Group and maybe even have a :cruise night or something. Moped On!<p> Wow, now I'm inspired to make some adventures on my moped. Hmm... How does riding a moped in -19 degree weather with five foot snow drifts all around sound? Pretty adventuresome."

"I to could write a book about all of my moped adventures. Once back in ""94"" I had a Honda spree doing 48 mph. We did stuff to the governer, boared out the oil hole with a our own shaft, and ripped off her muffler so she was loud. every thing was fine until I hit 49 mph and the piston shot straight through the seat into -you know where-. After I got out of surgery I thought all my buddies would laugh at me, but they loved it. We would all line up and take turns, it was totally cool. All of us called my moped the ""magic 50"", even though i knew it really happened at 49.<br>"

wow

Jake Rutter /

wow this is the oldest post i could find

See Ya Moped Army /

That would be my post. I wrote it back in the days when I only had two mopeds. I had completely forgotten about this post.

MoPedLar

wow. talk about bringing back old threads

this thread is now a time machine to 1999

"hey guys, i just got brand new sega dreamcast!"

no groms no blasters /

hey guys have you heard of The Locust?

lol deezy, simon wrote that 6 years ago. I am not sure if he still is asking for it.

make that 10 years ago this January.

ahahaha, how is the locust relevant?

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Whoa, who dragged this thread up from the archives?

Man, I miss Larry.

I like the part where the guy talks about his Honda Spree Moped. He must be in the Michigan Moped Mafia.

"ahahaha, how is the locust relevant?"

because "have you guys heard of the locust" is a question that totally screams 1999...haha

at least i hope that was the point, if so, job well done.

wow. 1999.

crazy.

guys i'm worried about this y2k bug! but i just can't get over how cool aol 4.0 is!

I have a set of floppy's I just got to prepare my computer for y2k!

no way man, zip drives. i hear everyone will be using them in a few years.

Check this out!

It's called a .gif!

It's like a moving picture!

AWWW WTF?!?!

yeah i've been failing at posting pictures too. maybe they'll invent hotlinking in the year 2000?

hehee, I did. I miss him too.

KFC Kills Fucking Cowards /

the Locust is always relevent

no groms no blasters /

And what about the Faint? Between those two bands, cocaine will be the drug of the new millenium.

so, my early 2000 Locust story.

The Smashing Pumkins were doing an in store at a Tower Records in San Diego. The Locust showed up, pulled out a piece of cardboard with the words "Meed The Locust" on it, and sat on the trunk of their car, with their doors oped, blaring Locust from the car stereo. They were there at least three hours. Funniest shit ever. S.P. fans were BUMMED.

no groms no blasters /

the fact that music can bum people out is the greatest part of all.

I started The Locust Fan Club at my high school. I took a gaggle of trusting freshmen to the last Spazz show.

deezy, you are some kind of old thread resurrecting mad genius.

I had never heard of "The Locust" until now. After looking them up, I'm intrigued.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account