tires and tubes

where do you guys have your tubes and tires put on? I had a bike shop put my tomos tires on but then i brought in my new sachs mags and they popped both the tubes and said it was too tight for them. $10 is worth it to me to not be responsible for popping 7 dolar tubes and not have to go throught the hassles. Should i go to a motorcyle shop?

Re: tires and tubes

Can you get tubes for bicycles to work on your ped?

Walker

chuck russo va /

at my local honda shop they charge 25 dollars to put on a tube and tire for 1 wheel. i used to have them put new tires on my dirtbike like once every 2 months but it got 2 expensive so i did it myself

Tired of tubes

Criminy,Chuck!All those guys need is a mask and a gun!25 semolians per tire?I'm in the wrong business.I gotta hang out a shingle.I only pay 3.00 each per CAR tire if I balance them at home.SHEESH! (:^0

Re: Tired of tubes

chuck russo va /

yeah it was really expensive thats why i bought some tire irons and changed them myself. but them i blew up the motor on that bike so i am now dirtbike less for the moment.

Re: Tired of tires

Bummer!Well,at least you're not paying those rascals anymore!I've got 3 or 4 to change in the near future.I bought 2 sets of 17" X2.25" Cheng Shins from Ike and I bought a knobby Pirelli for the rear of my main transporter.I've also gotta put a tire on my boy Weston's little Kawasaki tire scrubber motorized bike `cause it came with too aggressive tread for smooth tire scrubbing.Ha!

I bought a tire spoon for 8 bucks and I do it myself. The key is, to use some liquid soap to make it slippery, so that they tires and tubes come on and off easier...I use Tide liquid laundry detergent. Then you just spray the soap off once you are finished getting them in place.

Chris

gimmyjimmy /

don, didn't you know they use imported air to fill the tires at those $hops?

Must be,GJ!Like bottled water,eh?Ha!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account