I kind of want an AMF roadmaster

Ive always wanted one and I think I might buy one. I know it's like the worst moped ever but I know it's be awesome to blast around town at like 20mph on one. I thing it's a fantastic idea. Opinions?

Re: I kind of want an AMF roadmaster

if you want one buy one! It is the worst moped ever, not even a good bike. but they can be made fun, if you ride stock, enjoy! make sure she runs...before you lay your money down.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

HArvey I think Im gonna offer the dude $100

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I'd put a bi-turbo on it.

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

My project this year. (edited)

AMF Roadmaster V1.jpg

that motor is too angled.

one of the squids bought one because we couldn't pass it up. such a stupid bike.

You are deeply insane. I respect that.

Is this a cry for help?

I'd buy one for the right price just to mess with

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

Maybe it is. There is a group you can join called AMF Anonymous. I'm not a member, but I have a friend that is..

BTW the engine is angled that way purposely to allow clearance for jumps.

I just got a Jawa, but this is worse.

Jesse Nordlander /

rather have an indian, oh wait i got one...what a shame!

i really want an amf, but id want a running one, and id never pay more than $50. ever.

I like the other AMF with the color swoop on them. they remind me of the Roswell Rayguys jerseys

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/33146_01_lg.jpg

http://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/4/13690/

those are cool looking, they have V1s which is sick, but theyre the "murray" of minarelli bikes. fucking garbage everywhere but the engine. frame most likely built by AMF, much like the murray frames were built by murray. both companies build the WORST shit ever.

Don't know about that as AMF doe's make good Bowling pins !

okay, i'll accept the "for jumps" because that's hilarious.

If I get a road master I will bunny hop and jump it off everything.

Yeti the Figg /

I've heard that they are supposed to be complete shit, but what exactly is the problem(s) with them? Just curious.

if you cant tell why its shitty just by looking at it...geez.

alright, break down:

first of all look at the frame and the fork. its basically an AMF (already notorious for making absolute SHIT bicycles) stepthrough 20" frame (but with ONE downtube, not two. reeally stable.). the fork is a pressed piece of shit, so right off the bat, the platform is something id barely feel safe pedaling, let alone powering with a gasoline engine.

add to that a mccolloch chainsaw engine (ive seen more of these engines broken than any other moped engine, hands down), which drives the rear wheel by pushing a pulley DIRECTLY ONTO THE CENTER OF THE TIRE. there is nothing good about that.

finally, half-ass light mounting that looks more homemade and shitty than half the homemade mopeds you see on here anyday. and more plastic than a modern scooter.

the fastest ive ever heard of anybody going on one was 18mph. they were supposed to go 20 stock...no 25 or 30mph models. JUST "20".

basically, its the absolute LOWEST quality moped ever made.

probably could have saved some time and just written "IT WAS MADE ENTIRELY IN THE USA DURING THE 70S." that would get the exact same point across. (edited)

all that said, i'd still buy a runner for 50 bucks. and probably hold onto it forever.

I want one specifically because they are such pieces of shit. I'd ride it at 18mph all day

i'm officially looking for one now

Jesse Nordlander /

its like an oversized goped, except gopeds are cool!

i always wanted to get one, swap the front end for a solex. two wheel drive!!! then put a third shitty chinese bike kit on it, like a smoothie of all the worst moped designs in a crazy three engine death trap.

I had one for a little while. I bought it along with some other stuff. I thought about making it run, but it was garbage...I just couldn't justify the time it was going to take.

@tyler I was thinking the exact same thing.

Rollo Tomassi /

They may be slow and unreliable, but hey, at least they're ugly.

I had a really clean XL Deluxe version and I may have done the first "top trunk" conversion to. I kinda preferred it for getting around to all the Riverwest neighborhood bars when I shouldn't be riding buzzed on legit streets. I had Graham weld up a dirt bike expansion chamber to it, but it would only "hit" on downhill momentum. It was a fun novelty moped, but still worse than a Solex.

I sold it 2 years ago at a Cranks rally for $120 to Lazerboy...where is it now? GB Summerai had it last I knew. Is it still alive?

AMF-RoadBlaster-by-Dez.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account