lambretta

got it from a friend of a friend! needs a little love it would appear, don't know much about it but should be a challenge

Re: lambretta

Cupcake Chupa /

Lambretta made a moped? No way!

it has lambretta stickers on it so i guess haha, all i know is what the man said. 1980 lambretta...and sadly thats all i know so any other advice is appreciated.

I ain't had citrus for a month, and I'm RARIN' for a kill /

looks like a murray

It's a Murray... rebranded it seems

Lambretta did make a moped, but that's a Murray. It's got a Puch e50.

murray(edited)

great! thats odd though cuz those stickers say lambretta. thanks for the help

can we get a close up of the stickers? that is a murray, but that looks legit.

Brandon Compton /

yep...go check the photo gallery...they made quite a bit

Lambretta also re-badged those Taiwanese "sprinter"(similar to an angel) mopeds around the same time. They apparently did the same with Murrays, as this isn't the first one that I've seen. I guess they were trying to get in on the moped action the cheap way.

sorry for picture quality, its dark now. it also says manufactured in murray ohio on the badge but its too dark to see

no groms no blasters /

whoa italian company rebadging an american company's moped that used an austrian motor and french wheels. cool.

around the world in many ways

very strange. funny they wouldnt go to puch directly...

hahaha that's awesome.

I guess its a mutt then! can wait to get going

the horn doesn't work...i think i'm most upset about that

A Lambretta Scooter Aficionado tells me...

A West Coast company got hold of the Lambretta license several years ago and rebadged several different two wheelers and a bunch of clothing. This is the first I've seen of a moped like this.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

If that's a Lambretta, Magnums were made by Cadillac.

Jesse Nordlander /

never saw a murray without the long seat, appears the rear of the frame is slightly different and imo looks much better.

U what a headache!

looks like jawa x25

I have a Chinese scooter with a Vespa sticker on it.

They said it was a vespa when i bought it.

Zeke Rigg /

Lambretta did make a moped http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/Lambretta-Ribot.jpg

i only have seen one ever and it was on the other side of the world.

back on topic you have a puch murray at some point stickers got swapped maybe by lambretta themselves but for all practical purposes its a murray.

Well is it a good Murray? I'm not familiar with the, but I found out thAt sears still carries some parts for them.

They are a typical low cost moped frame, with a reliable puch motor.

wait what? sears still carries parts?

that would be strange since they werent sold through sears...although i guess they are really similar to the freespirit.

As a joke this year for the lambretta jamboree that came in town all of us put Lambretta mopeds stickers on all of our bikes including a Honda CX500. So I guess we all got em now.

yea i typed in the vin number in google and it brought me to a sears website! igot it running for a bit today with the help of a friend, still some trouble he said it had to do with the choke...