mikuni shim

so i lost the shim that went to my 18vm mikuni. does anyone know where to get a new one or a good remedy to the situation?

Re: mikuni shim

ɯɐpɐ ʞunʞs /

You could always try cutting up a soda/beer can and making shim out of that. I've done that with SHA carbs.

this was a pretty thick shim.

theres a few sites and ebay stores that sell mikuni parts. you need to find the part number if you havent already tried.

I took that white shim out of my vm18 and cut a rubber hose section to fit in there. I couldn't get it tight enough and at high rpm, the backpressure would blow my carb off. Now she is snug as a bug.

what type of hose did you get and where?

Had some laying around from a prior project. But you just need some stuff that the gas won't eat. Since the carb slides over the intake and if you have it seated right, little to no gas should actually touch it, so that might not be an issue. Look to see what rubber hose folks are using to extend their intakes. You will only need a tiny bit. Auto parts or box store would probably cut you an inch for free. Just say you need to check to make sure the diameter is correct and you just need a little bit, should cut you a piece.

found a place online that sells the shims. jetsrus.com thanks everyone for your input.

^^

Jetsrus is awesome.

Can you post a link to the shim?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account