Re: 50/60 club? (50cc/60mph)

Tracy Meade /

Keep in mind you are talking about an 50cc kit vs an 80 kit with probably less exhaust duration. Yeah he has a Variator but I would go so far as to say that the performance off the pipe will be SUPER shitty. And unless you're damn good at tuning a vario id take down the exhaust 10 degrees and get closer to 180 ex 25-27 or less blowdown. You can get to 60+ with that on a av10.

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

I'm at 194 on the exhaust. I was at 202 with 31 on a 65mk and spun to 13,300 at 62.7 (not streetable at all). I've never tried to go fast on 50cc. I do think more heat in the pipe with less duration could be better.

Tracy, you can't bring exhaust port duration down unless you lathe the base of the cylinder and reset the head squish. Easy to go more, but a bitch to undo. The kit came with those durations stock, so I'm interested to see how it will do. It's also a dual ring piston, so we'll see how much friction it produces and what rpm it hits when my pipe gets here. :)

Jake, what kit is it?

Ryan Mayer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Jake, what kit is it?

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,2937406,2937460,sv=1#msg-2937460

https://www.treatland.tv/peugeot-MVT-50cc-40mm-kit-p/peugeot-mvt-50cc-kit.htm (edited)

Tracy Meade /

wow, I didnt realize that this was the way any kit was stock, I thought you were talking about durations you were planning to port to. Of course lowering the exhaust port is silly.

Tracy Meade Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> wow, I didnt realize that this was the way any kit

> was stock, I thought you were talking about

> durations you were planning to port to. Of course

> lowering the exhaust port is silly.

;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account