Best 65-70cc kit for Maxi

‡∫‡ß Sire Roycington (Duke of Waffles) /

Hey so I've looked into it, and have done my research, but i'm still undecided. Which would be best bang for the buck/most forgiving? Airsal? I've heard they're pretty sturdy, but'll only do mid forties. Then theirs the Kstar/treats kit, I've heard the quality is hit or miss on these. And I've heard about there tccd kits, but apparently the cylinder is too short & it makes the piston hit the head? Then I was thinking about a 65 MK, but once again I don't want to get in over my head.

Ah.... so many choices, all the confusion... help me sort my brain ouuut!

Re: Best 65-70cc kit for Maxi

MK65.

cast iron cylinder. simple piston port induction. super durable and reliable. i have heard of people doing 50+ on them.

i've seen someone do 55-60 on an airsal.

Bobby Sims Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> MK65.

> cast iron cylinder. simple piston port induction.

> super durable and reliable. i have heard of people

> doing 50+ on them.

Agreed that the MK65 is a durable kit. If you port match it then you will blast. It's a great kit.

I'm running my TCCD 70, ran it lean at the beginning and basically didn't break it in, still running strong with a good 2100 miles on it blasting almost 50 all day with a 16 sha and proma gp pipe, great fucking kit, but if i were to choose another, Well I'm going polini on my next build but for the cheaps id go with the treats reed kit.

NoISy BOyS KEV /

I'm running a k-star at 51MPH with a 21mm phbg. Still have not opened my intake port or put a good intake on it. I'm hoping to hit 55 this year. This kit is really noisy, but i feel that it's reliability is going to be tough to beat.

I for one would not think of an MK65 when asked for the most forgiving kit.

As far as I know, a Metrakit is a good kit, good speed, but not at all forgiving. And if you do fuck up and you need to get a new piston, they're twice the price of a regular Airsal or something.

I would go for the good old Airsal, it's a good all-rounder, it's fairly quick, very forgiving, reliable and cheap.

Salsa Salsa /

I never see fast metra 65s. People I know with metras never get them running right.

i've gone over 50 on each of these kits(mk65, kstar, & tccd). i personally like the kstar. it's cheap and gets the job done. Best bang for your buck.

Id have to say that 1977 70cc reed kit. You have to make an intake(it's easy) cause the intake bolt pattern looks like that of a Gila but is larger.... but this kit rips.... Bridged exhaust port.

www.1977mopeds.com/product/50293/Puch-70cc-77-Reed-Kit/

- Joe W.C.

the 65 hero cylinder has a ton of power. casting is gross though.

What about that Malossi kit? On the smaller side of things but how would it compare to whats been mentioned here? The Puch Cylinder Summary can only say so much.

mk 65 hands down

I went with the Kstar. Everything else (except the airsal & the tc) I woulda had to get a new intake & carb to run. Besides the K looks like its gota piston port too? but airsal has two piston rings... hmm I wonder how this effects everything differently? I still have a good Polini, I just think the piston is now junk. And fuck waiting another 2 months for Polini to make a new one. Spring's right 'round the corner. I want to Rip nowwwwwwwwwwwww. (edited)

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

I would not get a mk65, it was my first kit and it was great, without porting it I got to low mid 50 s. With porting I got to low 60s. But...the dmp, treats, whatever is more forgiving for someone new. It won't last as long though. Nick is thin on them.

Just as thin on the airsal too?

Better Fส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ster /

MK65 is soooo last decade man. Get a 65 hero kit. Port the shit out of the intake and exhaust. BLAST.

Hero is the poor man's Metra 80 (the transfers are actually larger than the MK80 big port). Metra 65 is just a glorified stock cylinder. Your choice.

I guess a lot of people are afraid of adding material to the cases or having an angled exhaust. If you want to be one of the cool kids, that's what you have to do, so just do it.

Ed - Dead Possums /

I am just finishing up tuning on this build...

mk65

PHBG 21mm

custom intake

was able to get 50+ mph

More pics!

1.jpg

All of the 70cc piston port kits are very similar. I had the Airsal 64, that one did 45 with stock gearing. But the K-star/treats kit has to be the most forgiving. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with one as long as you clean them up and gap your ring. Dont be a wuss, just do it man. If you blow it up then do it again, but better.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account