RE: Michigan Laws/Registration Questions...

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

What ? You guys don't ride in the winter ? For shame...

What you do, is go to a local hardware or garden store and buy yourself a stock of ornamental soft-brass chain, the kind with flat links, some S-hooks and something to cut it with.

You wrap that around your wheels, tire and all (it's soft brass, it won't damage the tire - see?) spacing each wrap 3-4 inches apart, and securing it with the S-hooks.

Cut it to length when you get it right.

Do that to both wheels, put on some flat-bottom heavy shoes or boots, and go throw some snow!

It works on ice, it works on snow, it works in four FEET of snow covered with ice...I should know, having done it - the trike was the most fun for that, but my bullet was plenty too.

Make sure you're geared up for the weather, though, a snowmobile suit with the field jacket liner out of a Mk-65 and heavy cycle gloves will do fine, and I would reccommend goggles, if you particularly want to see where yer going.

And oil your throttle and brake cables, first, to keep them from freezing in place (found that out the hard way...) cause that could be kinda bad.

I love the looks on the faces of those poor fourwheelers stuck up to thier wheelwells in snow as I zoomed right by - truly priceless.

Ree

(Rubbing alcohol in a spray mister is a handy de-icer, should you need such a thing in yer winter travels...)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Michigan Laws/Registration Questions...Topic by: Bri Cors Bri Cors 09/09/00 02:02PM
  RE: Michigan Laws/Registration Questions...Re: Simon King Simon King 09/09/00 05:52PM
  storageRe: Fred Fred 09/09/00 07:19PM
  RE: Michigan Laws/Registration Questions...Re: Gerah Gerah 09/10/00 03:12PM
  RE: Michigan Laws/Registration Questions...Re: Fred Fred 09/11/00 11:49AM
  RE: Michigan Laws/Registration Questions...Re: Simon King Simon King 09/10/00 03:29PM
  RE: Michigan Laws/Registration Questions...Re: Reeperette Reeperette 09/10/00 06:34PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account