Re: for zippy/72 Ciao flywheel

Zippy /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Check the woodruff key as Jim suggested.

Is there a wire or something sticking out and causing an obstruction or something in the groove around the perimeter of where the fly wheel should seat?

Give it your best shot of aligning the slot in flywheel cover with the woodruff key in the shaft. Then rotate the shaft so it turns the flywheel. Stop and jiggle it a bit to see if you can get it to seat. Repeat this a couple of times. Sometimes I have to pull the cover again and try it a couple of times to get it to align and seat. If you think you have it in place, then while it is still lying flat, screw the black plastic cover on to hold the flywheel in place.

Don't know what else to suggest unless you want to ship it to me and I'll check it out at no charge. You pay the shipping both ways (about $20-$30) UPS ground. Or you could take the engine and flywheel to a motorcycle shop or a small engine repair shop(lawn mowers) to see if they can figure out why it won't seat.

Good luck

Zippy

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  for zippy/72 Ciao flywheelTopic by: bruce bruce 03/04/02 10:49PM
  Re: for zippy/72 Ciao flywheelRe: Jim C. Jim C. 03/04/02 11:44PM
  Re: for zippy/72 Ciao flywheelRe: bruce bruce 03/05/02 12:31PM
  Re: for zippy/72 Ciao flywheelRe: Zippy Zippy 03/05/02 01:52PM
  Re: for zippy/72 Ciao flywheelRe: bruce bruce 03/06/02 08:03PM
  Re: for zippy/72 Ciao flywheelRe: Zippy Zippy 03/06/02 10:12PM
  Re: for zippy/72 Ciao flywheelRe: bruce bruce 03/07/02 07:22PM
  Re: for zippy/72 Ciao flywheelRe: Zippy Zippy 03/05/02 01:27AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account