Re: The Sprint.

not wild about the color, especially when you had such nice stock paint, but you're doing solid work. stoked to see it done.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I thought it was primer.

Jason Jason Bobason /

That was a beautiful stock bike, I think it's a shame that you've done what you have to it.

how did you paint the rims?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

"Why ruin a Masterpiece"?

Yeah that was a pretty nice one to paint, oh well the yellow was ugly anyway, looks good.

Heat the tires up (sun, bathtub of hot water, etc.), spray the rims with windex and wait til the last minute so the paint has fully cured; you should be able to mount those with out irons.

just to let you know, there are a billion NOS decals on ebay...probably didnt need to mask off those decals...

NOS MOTRON DECALZ

no offense, but thats a pretty ugly boring color scheme, but you're making it happen which is cool. keep it up man.

i think itll look nice when put together. dont listen to the stock enthusiasts, as cool as stock bikes are, you dont learn anything until you tear everything apart.

but if you already have fast bikes, stock bikes are AWESOME to go back to. for sure.

Well thanks everyone. this is my first ped and first build. so thanks for all the criticism. But in the end I'll be the riding her into the sunset. and I'm happy with her :)

Here are some pictures from today.

and got the clutch off finally, but the flywheel is still giving me shit.

do you have the right tools?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

update on the Safari Turbo?

I do, I have a puller, I was told the key might be sitting funny, Ill do some more trouble shooting tomorow, and as far as the safari goes, hunter is not buying it. I did, we are going to transfer the title in a week or so. i will replace her tnak, clean the crab and ride into the sunset. keeping her stock and ratty/

Let's face it, the yellow was ugly. Besides, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. In the end, it's your ped.

PuchPuch Puchster /

Yea, I thought so too... a gray bike? How a bout something flashy but modest? like thunder blue or pungent yellow? Great job though as far as progress. I wish you did some more fabricating and body work besides just dissassembly, cleaning, painting, and reassembly.

PuchPuch Puchster /

Very true, the only important thing in the end is how you feel about it. If you love it than power to you. Lol stockers don't give it a rest, do they?

I would like to, but that is for a later date, It is getting more custom stuff. but I don't want to hack her, shes my first. I got a safari to hack up. but I am re wiring it right now, with some custom switches on the frame instead of the handlebars.

well, Lots or wiring today! stripped most of them, and drilled holes for custom light, and kill switch fir the engine on the fame! nice and subtle.

and here be some pictures of her almost back to a rolling chassis!

and my dad holding up the wheels to it.

still working on splitting the engine and replacing all the bearings and seals. wish me luck, I'll keep you updated and when she is done I'll put up a video of her. Tell me what you think about it!

Cool Dad.... care much about the son project.

Wow it has been a while. But through a lot of time a few subtle things have been done, and realized I never gave a picture of the finished project. well here she is. just needs a size 80 or 81 jet (79 in there and feels it could get a little more gas.)

60cc olympia

MLM intake

19mm phbg carb

79 main

45 idle

w9 needle in second to leanest

Molassi E8 air filter

Mamba pipe

and some good ol glam fixings like low bars and LED tail light.

Trail tech-ed at 43mph.

Thanks for looking and giving me advice along the way guys.

Bolt-on Bright /

That's awesome dude. The only thing I can think of that I would have done different, is I would have powder coated the fenders blue and I would have left the gas tank yellow.

Wow :o never knew your moped was originally yellow!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account