Moped cleaning, degreasing : PB Blaster

fallout Survivor /

PB Blaster has very good surfactant and grease cutting properties, and they give you a big bottle that goes a long way.

If you do not have a steam power washer , I have found the following tools good at degreasing and cleaning engine and frames

Brass brushes,

Scotchgard scrubbies

steel wool

paper towels

paper napkins

Soap and water

butter knife

scraper,

paring knife

PB blaster and WD 40.

(for those hard to break grease and dirt adhesions and elbow grease).

Re: Moped cleaning, degreasing : PB Blaster

David Theriault /

I hope you're not talking about Pb blaster penetrating solvent. that is super nasty shit. it gives off extremely toxic fumes and should only be used as a last resort to free really rusted parts, and should be used outdoors or in a very well ventilated place. wd-40 is much safer, but I would start with safe and non toxic citrus degreaser, move on to the wd for rust and such, and maybe a gun cleaning agent for those nooks and crannies (though that stuff is pretty bad too). really, if your using a lot of pb blaster penetrating solvent to clean stuff, you are poisoning yourself. they do make other products, and i hope you are referring to one of them.

i'm sure john would never do anyhing to poison himself or the environment. he and all his eco-friendly, environmentally-concious, highly-evolved bicycling friends are "Generally in better physical condition, in better spiritual condition and better for the environment , so ya."(edited)

John Warren IhazJawas /

Ive always liked this Awesome and its safer

I use Purple Power.

David Theriault /

actually, i was thinking that this explains a lot. either it's been eating his brain, or he's trying to get rid of a few degenerate moped users. i can't really fault him for being a cyclist (i'm one too), but i can easily see why he gets so much love on these forums!

being an avid cyclist, a former full-time bicycle mechanic, and a current part-time bicycle mechanic, this guy's attitude--at least here on the forums--is simiar to some customers i've had to deal with in the past; guys that were former tourists and/or racers in their younger days, and think they know everything there is to know about bikes in specific, and about life in general. these are the douche-bags that no one ever wants to deal with in the shop. my co-workers have always throw them my way because i refuse to take shit from these dickless know-it-alls. these are also the ones that will try to work us for a discount. i always threaten them with a 10% "D-B charge" if they perseist with their shenanigans.

i bet the fuckhead rides a recumbent, too. that would be just perfect.(edited)

David Theriault /

yeah right, i'm the service manager at a bicycle shop, and I know exactly the type of guy you're talking about. this one prick who couldn't have been more than 40 spent 10 minutes trying to explain to a 65 year old co-worker and ex-racer about the "golden age of toe-clips". seriously?

this john mastro character sounds like a real dumbass. my kinda guy! ;)

David Theriault /

he's too old for you ron.

Just dont tell the landlord when you are cleaning the moped and you wont get in trouble for giving it a shower or bath!

MopedCleaning01.jpg

If you are taking the bike apart you should do some deep cleaning of the parts - either by hand or use the fancy machine to get the parts sparkly clean.

MopedCleaningHand.jpg
MopedCleaningMachine.jpg

You can also take the bike to the beach and got for a little swim

MopedCleaningNatural.jpg

^ +1 ! ;)

this one prick who couldn't have been more than 40 spent 10 minutes trying to explain to a 65 year old co-worker and ex-racer about the "golden age of toe-clips".

quoted out of a 2002 rivendell reader, no doubt.

fallout Survivor /

Thanks for the tip... I will go out and buy that recumbent tommorrow as an early xmas present to myself.

other methods of cleaning

fallout Survivor /

soap, detergents and water?

DSCF0536.JPG

I EATED A BUNCH OF 构仿真软!!!!

fallout Survivor /

Its basically gasoline in a can...

everything is toxic , it is a matter of dosage and proper usage

http://www.dhmo.org/msdsdhmo.html

maybe that`s whats wrong with me i`ve been using pb blaster for a long time (been a auto mechanic for 30+yrs)

wd 40 was originally made to remove bubble gum. then they found out how good it displaced water hence the name W-D. it now has as many uses as duct tape.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account