Attention Jawa Owners

John Warren IhazJawas /

This is $60 + $20 shipping however if any one has the equipment to Fabricate that Adapter you should do it make it easier on us other owners to Bolt on a Dellorto with out all the mods to make it work

Re: Attention Jawa Owners

puch intake is pretty much direct bolt on fit... enlarge the holes, make a gasket maybe? So there is already an SHA intake that works

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-dellorto-SHA-15mm-intake-p/puch-dellorto-sha-15mm-intake.htm

that adapter is kind of dumb because the stock intake is waay small(edited)

Vlado vlado /

Nick is very correct,

this set up was used by factory in last series when Jikov stopped to supply carbs, utilizing original tiny steel intake- worked quite nicely.

John, search Jawa repair/performance posts wayyy back- it has been described, pics posted.

You will be able to use existing throttle cable with a little adjustment.

I do not have any intakes left, get Puch intake from Benji- the cheapest one- for SHA, make sure the carb you get has correct size sealing ring and adjust the holes with rounded file and narrow the stem filing it down to fit into recess on the cylinder, make new gasket from gasket sheet.

jawa cylinder 014e.JPG

John Warren IhazJawas /

Intake $15 = shipping?

Dellorto 14.12 $65 + shipping?

= $80 + shipping its cheaper to buy

$60 + $20 = $80 total!!!!

John Warren IhazJawas /

Not to mention all the time needed to drill sand cut gaskets plus the cost of said gasket material i say this setup is ideal for the guy like me who doesnt have all the tools and equipment to make something fit that wasnt made to fit i have a wrench and ratchet thats the extent of my tools

John Warren IhazJawas /

Started to tare down my parts Jawa and put the stock exhaust on my ridable bike after drilling out the baffle of course(thanks for the tip on that), on my good bike the stem in the exhaust was pulled out so i didn't have a baffle on sounds good now had to readjust my carb because it was stalling with the new(old) pipe on it

John Warren IhazJawas /

and when i pulled off the air filter it crumbled to dust good thing i wasnt planning to use it

why spend money on a larger carb just to run it on a restricted intake.

John Warren IhazJawas /

why is it restricted im not widening the hole in the engine i havent seen anyone do that in all the mods i looked at so its still fed at the same rate whether its a mod in take or not i could be wrong but thats how i see it

do you wanna go faster than 27mph?

guess not

John Warren IhazJawas /

my bike goes 35 now with the jikov carb and stock i just drilled out the baffle yesterday what are you talking about 27

John Warren IhazJawas /

ok 35 is rounded its about 32 flat out

Maitland Of the Loin /

if you arent trying to put a phbg/mikuni/oko on things, dont worry about the size of your carb.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account