'78 Puch Maxi Tune-up

Kelly L. /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I just purchased a '78 Puch Maxi - it is my first moped. It has only 500 miles on it and seems to run well however there are a few things that I need some advice/suggestions for.

The Run/Off switch is broken but it start right up if you pedal and quickly pull the clutch. Is there a way/need to replace this mechanism.

Also, when I test drove it - it ran awesome. Then I had to throw it on its side in my Jeep and when I took it out, I let it sit for a second, started it up and took it for a spin. It ran awesome until I hit a little hill and tried to give it more gas. After letting it sit for awhile, I started it up and it rode fine for a good 20 minutes, but started stalling again. Like I said, I just got it and haven't gone through it yet. I know there's a little rust in the tank - not bad though - that I need to deal with. Someone suggested using "Kreem" - any other suggestions? It has a lot of bite and seems to want to run, so I'm not that worried but any helpful hints or info on common problems or things to look for/be aware of with this model/year would be appreciated?

Also, there was a key lock that doesn't work any more. Can it be replaced? If so, where can I get one?

Thanks.

Kelly

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  '78 Puch Maxi Tune-upTopic by: Kelly L. Kelly L. 08/31/00 02:25PM
  RE: '78 Puch Maxi Tune-upRe: Fred Fred 08/31/00 04:45PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account