Cafe Race

Gunther Mcgillicuty /

I was wondering if any rally events have ever been a cafe race. When my Maxi was complete I would take this route and see if I could do it in under 3 minutes. Not sure how far it is but its up and down the side of the mountain I live on in Monterrey,MX. I was bored and decided to do something other than just cruise around. There is a steep hill, up, and down, and also a bunch of speed bumps (topes in spanish) that you can either go right over slow and jump or weave to the side to go around them at full speed. The streets are pretty narrow and cars race up and down them like Indy cars. It added to the excitement. Knowing when to push the bike and knowing when you can hold back for the sake of not eating some VW's bumper..parked or in motion.

Anyone ever Cafe Race for real>..with a song on the Juke?

Re: Cafe Race

Me and rob raced the 2 bikes in the swoops sachs-off thread in a loop from our shop to our tuesday meet-up bar and back whilst playing "hot summer nights" from top gun soundtrack. it was good. i got swooped.

Gunther Mcgillicuty /

yeah..I saw that thread thats why I posted this question. Cool to see people carrying on the tradition of cafe racing...even though it was not a cafe you departed from (neither was mine and also mine without music playing).

I never heard of it being a cafe event and would be cool if it was only open to cafe style top tank peds. Also I think there should be a dress code where you need to wear jeans, boots, a collarless leather motorcycle jacket, and Aviators (thats what I picture hipters cafe racers looked like in back in the day.

Bob Uhl "(OFMC)" /

I'd love to hook up with some people who would want to do this in the Cleveland area. In my younger days, I played drums in a band and we would played at a bar called " Pats in the Flats". That area was far away from the regular bars and there was a lot of cars racing right out front of the place. Good memories

AHHHH...the flats...perfect place to hold a cafe race. Spent some time there in the day.

Gunther Mcgillicuty /

I grew up in Madison Ohio so I know the flats well. That was the spot to be and see bands and so to clubs. Have not been back for a while but I know allot of the bars are closed down.

yeah i kinda want to race some people. especially if it was for all 50cc or all 70cc/kits

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account