Cafe Race

Gunther Mcgillicuty /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I was wondering if any rally events have ever been a cafe race. When my Maxi was complete I would take this route and see if I could do it in under 3 minutes. Not sure how far it is but its up and down the side of the mountain I live on in Monterrey,MX. I was bored and decided to do something other than just cruise around. There is a steep hill, up, and down, and also a bunch of speed bumps (topes in spanish) that you can either go right over slow and jump or weave to the side to go around them at full speed. The streets are pretty narrow and cars race up and down them like Indy cars. It added to the excitement. Knowing when to push the bike and knowing when you can hold back for the sake of not eating some VW's bumper..parked or in motion.

Anyone ever Cafe Race for real>..with a song on the Juke?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account