Sachs motor

Steve Nevison /

Have a friend who is building an early Indian look alike and wants to use a sachs moped motor on end so it sits against the seat post like the early Indians. Will this mess up the transmission since it's not level like it should be.

Don't want to see the motor messed up if I can stop him. Thanks.

Re: Sachs motor

BryAn eurism /

If it's pointed up too far the tranny fluid will seep out of the vent hole but otherwise as long as the chain line is straight

Do you own a SACHS ?Then shut up!No it will not as it is forward the port is! Take it from someone who does own one! But the more level the motor the better it runs. If you angel the motor up the trans will be over full and the cluch plates won't grab right.

go away don

How do I like a thread. Lol

Get one of those chinese bicycle mount motors.

It can work, the small problems that it presents will just have to be overcome. The transmission would have to be overfilled to the point that the clutches get transmission fluid. Since the vent and the fill hole are on the side cover which will now be at the top it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Sachs motor, or any with a fluid filled transmission isn't the best choice for setting at weird angles.

He could use a motobecane, peugeot, vespa or Hobbit motor.

No way here ta stay !You said" SACHS" I eat breath sleep shit live SACHS ! And you better be careful of this Old Fart as I was riding these putts when they were brand new back in the 70's .

Jesus fucking Christ, Don. Stay in the OT.

he's a mad dog. I second what bartell said. and hashmonster

Lol@ go back to OT.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account