So, why isn't there a branch around the Central Massachusetts Area?

Alright, so over the past month I have been introduced to the world of mopeds, got my own Puch Newport, and now I want to be a part of a branch. But there are no branches in Massachusetts, or at least no official ones. Why were the kHz disbanded? What happened to them, and why hasn't anything replaced them? Also, would it be possible for some of us to make a branch based around the Worcester area? What would have to be done in order to create a new branch? Any thoughts, you guys?

Re: So, why isn't there a branch around the Central Massachusetts Area?

Start gathering and riding each week at specific times. Go to rally's, have your own rally. Start there

Anyone can start a branch, but it's difficult. It takes several years of steady representing yourself. Branch applications are first filtered by MopedArmy admins for sanity; has anyone heard of your gang? For example, I submitted an application to be a branch by listing all 255 people in the Northeast Mopeds group as 'members' whether they knew it or not. It was obviously not approved.

Once you've been validated, your branch undergoes a few months of discussion in a member-only forum in which people discuss what they think of your gang and the people in it until voting time comes. Only active branch members are allowed to vote, so in order to get in, a vast majority of them better know who you are, and think you're great.

The intention is to ensure MopedArmy members are in it for the long haul; that a branch won't disappear next year after everyone seized their kits and decided to buy motorcycles instead; it's quality assurance.

New England has a lot of 'moped people', and while the Metal Ponies are currently in the 'discussion phase' of application, the rest of us seem to be a bit too transient as a group in order to successfully carry out a branch application. I do my best to organize group rides around Boston and while we will sometimes have more than a dozen people on any given ride, it's rarely the same people each time. MopedArmy doesn't want theoretical groups composed of a big list of people who sometimes ride. They want steady tight-knit groups of fun gals and guys.

While there was lots of big dramz surrounding the kHz breakup, the reality of it is that a majority of the people that were involved gave in to the aforementioned loss of interest in the scene and things just fizzled out.

So long story short, if you want to be an official gang, you need to decide who is in your gang and who isn't and start repping hard. Go to lots of rallies, make patches, jackets, yadda yadda yadda.

fuck mars, well said.

"fuck, Mars" I guess it should be. Not to be confused with "fuck mars"

no. the first way

Brody Chacha /

Because you touch yourself at night.

John Warren IhazJawas /

wish there was a philly branch i know there's bang gang but im talking about an official branch id join in a heartbeat

fallout Survivor /

The economy is bad, less money all around for fluff , nonessential spending; the climate sucks for year around moped, scooter, motorcycling or bicycling; there are not enough mopeds to go around; people have other priorties like surviving economically rather than playtime.

ok, its your 1st post on ma and wanting to be in something. "you're here" Here the gang! on the web! Always them 16-27ishers always "HEY I WANNA BE IN GANG" best well said a "club" Well mars covered it pretty well.

If I had a gang you must be able to tune moped better then me so I can learn from you. ha cheero old boys!(edited)

John Mastro Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The economy is bad, less money all around for

> fluff , nonessential spending; the climate sucks

> for year around moped, scooter, motorcycling or

> bicycling; there are not enough mopeds to go

> around; people have other priorties like surviving

> economically rather than playtime.

What? No.

It all comes down to lifestyle:

Is your bike in your life?

Is your bike part of your ego?

Is your bike part of your life?

There is a lot of people who have their bike or bikes for more then a month and use them as their only or their principal transportation. Their bikes are a priority in order to have transportation further then how far they can walk in a single day. The bike is the way to transport them to earn a living. Some even wrenching bikes is the earning factor.

If you want a branch of MA or any other association then start one - put a large percentage of your 24/7 into bringing people together with the common lifestyle. Do it and live it.

If it is part of your life then you will get your chapter no problem.

If it is just in your life or only part of your ego at least you can keep it on the bucket list.

Oh hey West Boylston. The gang stuff aside, there are plenty of local mopedders and we're all friendly. There aren't any organized rides here in Worcester (yet), though I think this spring will see a bunch more solid activity with Heaven's Kittens and the Peace Warriors hanging around. Come hang out! Email me if you want to come by and talk shop!(edited)

i'm with ed. i once had a guy change the tires on my ciao in exchange for me slapping a kit on his e50.

i been riding every day all by my damn self for years. about 95% of the mopeds in my town have been worked on by me at some point. people are sooo into it for a while, then they move, or only ride for fun, sometimes, but don't really put anything into it. i got a couple good bros here. but nobody ever hangs out.

i want to move to atl and get swooped in.

I keep telling my friends in worcester that they need to do a 2012 rally! It would kick butt.

i ride around worcester every chance i get. its supposed to be in the 60's this weekend so i will be breaking in a new peugeot engine... hit me up

I use a moped as a daily vehicle, so I am always moving around Worcester. If there are any days ahead where you're not busy just let me know (I am pretty busy on the weekends, so week day are usually better, lol).

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account