Re: Advice? WTB

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Over priced is a matter of perspective. A non-running Puch or Moby at $50 is way over priced too.

Whizzers are in a weird legal limbo in some states. In AZ they actually should be titled and plated as scooters, but every Whizzer I've seen with plates here have "moped" plates and no title.

I've seen a few, like mine, that are "stripped" of their turn signals and fly under the radar disguised as homebuilt motorized bikes, which are totally unregulated in AZ.

If I ever get another two stroke it will probably be a Tomos.

Michael has sound advice.

Gunther Mcgillicuty /

Jarod Vash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had a Magnum because I wanted a top tank too.

>

> I ended up selling it to restore my Peugeot

> because it's a better moped.

LOL...wut? Matter of opinion I guess. Don't get a Peugeot if you are a noob

Yep, they'd be legal in Montana too, but most states... nope.

And, they all got crappy motors on them these days right? I'm not trying to diss you or yours. I actually like them, but I always see HUGE prices on them. There's one here in town I see once in awhile. I'd like to ride with them.

So zap ya got $325 that you have nothing better to do with ?becuse that Seirra is just sitting there still.

You may change your mind if you ever get a chance too ride my G-3 ZAP !

I hope I get that chance Don.

I think we'd have a blast hanging out.

Not yet Don.

I'm chronically sub-rich lately.

I'm still trying to be a 1%-er.

But maybe after the first freeze down here, profitable work picks up for me during those times.

Edit: @DZ---no hurt feelings here. Whizzer deserves the bad reputation. They built crap, didn't support their dealers and refused any tech advice from old Whizzer mechanics.

They are again out of business but the rights were bought recently for a song. A few die hard Whizzer folks have come up with a remedy for the main issue, loosening of the valve seats due to running too hot.

The latest experiment is going well.

http://motorbicycling.com/f8/whizzer-experiment-33569.html (edited)

well there is our" END OF THE WORLD" party 12-21-12 and you are the only one so far that Dick has giving a invite too from all the mopeders around you are the only one so far!

Cool!

Ariel has good taste!

Maybe" Ariel Dick" will roll out a few of his better putts say maybe his Steve McQween Corgi,or the Laguna Sega Derbi that has been kitted up the wazoo or his stock Motobecane that WILL DO 75 plus ! I know for a fact that I will never run out of parts as long as Dick is around !

Tomos or puch thats my 2 votes! Easy to make fast and wont make you broke doing it plus parts are everywhere

Julia Unnknnownn /

What about a 78 Sachs? Are those fairly easy to maintain? Are they good mopeds?

Fair...Puch e-50 of some sort or a good condition Honda PA-50II. How do you feel about no-peds? Qt-50 or Express or FA-50?

Edward Richardson /

You are close to Mopedstl turf. Check the Bartertown section and ask around, we'll get you set up.

this is retarded.

you're probably not going to get a magnum cheap and running, and moby's are a shitload of trouble. just keep your eyes open and something will come along, or try a WTB thread in the buysell forum, making note of your area, maybe someone in your hood wants to sell you something

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account