Advice? WTB

Julia Unnknnownn /

I am looking to get my first ride, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. I'm still learning, I need something for kinda cheap and easy to maintain. I really like Puch Magnums and Motobecane mopeds so far...don't want anything super girly. Oh, and I'm in Oklahoma where there is nothing. If anyone has something cool for sale around here or suggestions/advice let me know.

Thank you!

Julia

Re: Advice? WTB

$2500 and you can have my Motobecane ;) It's probly worth more than that with all the time I've got into it........................but I wouldn't sell it..ha..

i started out on vespas...it was a great idea for how easy it was to repair and junk, but i soon found out that vespa speed in expensive.

I am looking into both puchs and french bikes for my next machine....definitely leaning towards a frenchy, being variated is a big plus for me, but the puch'll probably be a lot easier for a beginner...they seem to be a lot less problematic for the beginner mopedder.

What's a girly moped look like, anyway?

Re: Advice? WTBe

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

All mopeds are girly.

Andrew Squiggman /

Woot Senpai Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> What's a girly moped look like, anyway?

i see ads on CL all the time where sellers say the moped is a girls model. because it is a step thru model. haha

Russell Huddy /

French bikes are great if you want a challenge I love my mobys

But I just got a motron and the simplicity is great and way easier to make

reliable

fallout Survivor /

Pay a little more and buy a good running moped.

John Mastro Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pay a little more and buy a good running moped.

You are a douche bag, shut your mouth.

Re: Advice? Slurppy hugs and kisses

fallout Survivor /

Slurppy hugs and kisses

Just to show you that there is a few good folks in this page Here Ya go!1977 Sierra 50 SACHS 48cc powertrain -Runs perfect-$325.00 or best offer (775)867-2224 and or cell (775)443-8858>>>mind you this is in Fallion Nevada !So ther you go !

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

A vintage Whizzer or a newer one that has been modified all up in its engine.

Re: Advice? Slurppy hugs and kisses

hahaa, yep just flash them blues at the boys, and you won't have to maintain your moped ;)

Patrick Keaton /

Puch Magnum is good, but the only Motobecane you should get would be a Sebring. Here is Foxi moped, Sparta clone. I have one the same as this , but mine is a Sparta. http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/2642544500.html

Julia Unnknnownn /

Is this yours? Or someone else's?

Julia Unnknnownn /

I guess I just meant that I want one that looks more like a motorcycle. I really love the way Magnums look. I'm not too interested in the Vespa type mopeds. I want to find a Puch but can't!

Julia Unnknnownn /

I looked at those, but they are really expensive!

creg's list reno tahoe under motorcycles type in mopeds on the serch bar and your good to go !The photo's look very GOOD !!

David Theriault /

Peugeot TSM. You may have to kill someone to get one though...

And if I had the money I'd buy it myself, it looks that good!!

Julia Unnknnownn /

I looked at some Peugeots and I really like those too. Too bad...

Julia Unnknnownn /

can you paste the link?

sale-srfby-2695812747@craigslist.org

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Not all are 'spensive. They frequently pop up on CL for a few hundred. They got the stink on them due to poor manufacturing during some production runs in the early 2000 and newer models.

A repair has been invented recently that looks like the crappy engine challenges can be overcome. In the meantime the bikes occasionally come up for sale cheap, both 26 and 24 inch sizes. Keep an eye out and check with Quenton at motorbicycling dot com.

you can't possibly be cool on a Whizzer tho, just happy

I had a Magnum because I wanted a top tank too.

I ended up selling it to restore my Peugeot because it's a better moped.

But really if you just want something that will run forever get a Puch and leave it stock.

minarelli v1 power bikes is going to be the best and easiest to fix. There cheap to most of time.

Michael Thomas /

I know everybody is gonna be hatin on me but if you want reliable and reasonable, get a Tomos A35. They are one of the best motors stock, they will run over 30 stock, can be made to do almost 40 cheaply, will go even faster with a kit. They are very reliable especially stock, parts are plentiful, bikes are plentiful and cheap, they make a top tank model and will run forever.

Let the hatin begin.

much love for tomos lasting this long! still in biz and kicking out peds!(edited)

tomos or hobbit has my vote. cheap to make fast and lots a parts out there.

but Zap, most states consider whizzers motorcycles... and yes, they are way over-priced usually too.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account