Re: Why should someone buy a moped?

BryAn eurism /

Because you'll be kicked out of the Oscars whether you have one or not

obama sucks but then again so do most other moped riders(besides myself)

I have a few old fords and restore them and drive them daily. They have more power then anyone would want in a car and I grab everyones attention and love hearing stories from people who had one or remember them. Old cars actually require you to DRIVE them. Manual steering, manual brakes, etc. Too much gas and you"ll spin in the rain, you need to leave room for other drivers as you dont have air bags and without antilock brakes you need stopping room.

Same goes for mopeds (besides too much power to the rear wheels haha). You have to watch for others, you grab peoples attention and often times people will yell or say "hey, i remember those!".

I also admire the fact they are so reliable, get great mileage, easy to maintain, and yet are a thrill to ride.

I prefer the styling of mopeds as opposed to scooters myself and prefer 2 stroke motors as they deliver more power next to a similarly sized 4 stroke.

my 2 cents.

Daniel Willard /

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of people who either made fun of me, or discouraged me from writing this paper. Well, I'm going to write it anyway. In your face, internet! Thanks to those of you who were actually helpful.

Dick Johnson /

"1gl 2 cycle oil $12"

Where do you buy 2 cycle oil at $12 a gallon?

The best deal I have yet to find is SuperTech at Walmart for $1.17/8oz or $4.68 a gallon

(no charge for doing the math)

Dick Johnson /

Correction: That should be $18.72 a gallon from Walmart.

you get what you pay for... and you're paying for a rebuild

no groms no blasters /

lol you're in college and this is your research

HCC Fighting Owls!!!!!

John Warren IhazJawas /

when i did the math i priced it from walmart and it was $12 something in my area so i probably rounded down

walmart

I would sooner go back to penzoil tcw3 semi synthetic than use that recycled garbage oil

John Warren IhazJawas /

it was just an example for my math to convince the wife it was a good investment

yeah but good oil is $12 a quart

John Warren IhazJawas /

yeah i buy this

its only $1.19 for 8oz so i dont really buy by the gal so it comes out to about 19 dollars for a gal like i said it was for an example cheapest price for the equation if you notice 1 gallon of gas isn't 4 dollars either i rounded that up

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Because its so much fun to see a liberal hipster douche bag's head explode when an old, white, clean cut, non-inked, non-pierced, employed , heterosexual guy rides by on a moped.

Dick Johnson /

Saber is $43.00 a gallon. (note attachment)

SuperTech is $18.72 a gallon, made by Pennzoil/Quaker State.

I don't carry water for WalMart, but fair is fair.

Saber Oil.png

also you can run saber at 80:1 which helps its price out. it's super nice oil

Dick Johnson /

Have you noticed there are considerable references to "fags" on this forum?

Methinks they may protest too much.

i ride my ped because i dont have a car,so no insurence, i realy dont want a car and girls double take as i fly in the school parking lot doing stuff that gets me 15$ tickets 4days a week

Jonah Stahl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The ladies love it.

Edward Richardson /

So you can be an old, white, clean cut, non-inked, non-pierced, employed , heterosexual guy, like Senator Larry Craig, riding on a moped, with an unusually wide stance and fidgety foot.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account