Why should someone buy a moped?

Daniel Willard /

I'm currently writing a persuasive speech for one of my college classes on why people should buy mopeds. I myself don't even have a moped, but I want one pretty bad. I'm sure plenty of people on here would have better reasons for buying mopeds than I would. So, any thoughts?

Re: Why should someone buy a moped?

The ladies love it.

Andrew Squiggman /

nobody Should buy a moped. the end.

In all seriousness, I think it's the pure joy and fun of riding. It's not for everyone though. I sure get a kick out of it. It's pretty cheap too. Well, cheap transportation, but most of us moped guys spend our whole paycheck on treats.

Good way to learn small engine repair/design too... look at the wiki here and see what I mean. Everything from basic stuff to fiendish DIY.

Its also a good way to learn anger management while driving.

There is the lesson you got on tolerance, so many people joke, point, laugh, berate, ridicule that you either become tolerant or move to Mars.

They build character.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

because it runs and or you have ridden one and know how fun it is.

but doubtful that will help be persuasive.. i'd have to agree and expand on:

to learn another perspective on driving, sharing the road, and risks people pose while driving a car/4 wheel vehicle to themselves and others. definitely has made be a better, safer, more alert and courteous driver.

Because one has a desire for adventure - to put your trust in a sub 50cc bike that could break down at any moment, and haul ass.

Because you enjoy obscure vehicles, the fun of puttering with them, and cheap efficient transportation. There are many things you can do with them, restore them to new, or build racing machines from them. To me they are a throwback to a simpler more fun time in my life, that and 80 mpg (on average) make them useful and fun at the same time.

BryAn eurism /

It doesn't take you 3 light cycles to get through an intersection (unless you want to turn left), park right up in the doorway practically, save $ on a gym membership if you live in hills, every mile ridden =face-grind to every Generic American Consumer , econazi and knuckledragger you encounter in daily life.

what other vehicle can fit 20 to a garage, get you 60 miles on 2 bucks, and outlives cockroaches if treated decently?

fallout Survivor /

You can have a money making hobby if you selectively buy low, sell higher and have some interest in electrical and mechanical trouble work and troubleshooting.

Hobby value. Interest in taking junk and making it into an operational machine.

your speech should be "why to NOT buy a moped".

Thought provoking, against the grain, edgy.

Right on John!

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

why to buy a moped:

do you like it when your vehicle catastrophically breaks down because you forgot to put oil in it?

do you enjoy parts falling off your daily transportation?

have you ever wanted a bicycle with all the hassles of licensing, registration, and possibly insurance too?

and dont forget having a vehicle that nobody makes parts for or cares about anymore

because its something to do when you are bored.

You'll never have the best one and it'll never be worth a lot of money, so you might as well get some tools out and figure out how to make it work better. Riding one that works well is its own testimonial. It can be a surprisingly satisfying experience.

That, and it does beat being bored.

If you're like me, and have loved two-wheeled vehicles all your life, well you just can't pin it down. In my case, going to a shop that sells parts that almost fit my old Norton also sells scooters and mopeds. Seeing a Streetmate there, I found myself going back and looking at it from time to time. I was drawn to it, for whatever reason. My reason for buying a moped? I just had to. This year has been more fun for me, both riding and tinkering with it, than I've had in a long time. I've had my moped less than a year, and now a lot of my old riding buddies, mostly hog riders, have gotten mopeds, too. When you ask them why, the usual response is, "Hell, I don't know. I just wanted the damn thing."

no groms no blasters /

you car's motor won't come to a screeching halt when your right in front of a bus

Brody Chacha /

So you can write persuasive speeches for your college class without asking the internet to do it for you.

dude this is so cool i might just write my persuasive about mopeds now too.ive been working on my paper for the last year in my garage and i didnt even think anout it

F+ Paper right there

you should write a persuasive paper why not to ride a moped based on empirical evidence that everyone who rides mopeds is a total faggot.

Brashley Lullins /

mopeds are dorky, everyone should buy a ruckus instead

ive got a C right now and im pretty sure she would drop me from the class is i wrote about obamas failures so lets just see if she will pass me with a D

DO EEEETTT FAGGOT! write the truth about oblahma

Research studies have shown that moped riders have 10 TIMES more sex than non-moped riders...

only 10x? =/

John Warren IhazJawas /

this is why i bought one

Moped logic 1994 Jawa 210

1gl gas est $4

1gl 2 cycle oil $12 at 40:1 ratio est (128oz in a gal / by 3.2oz) 40 tanks of gas = .30 cents per gallon of gas

$4.30 per tank give or take fluctuating gas prices

each tank ruffly 80 miles to the gallon

plus fuel stabilizer(walmart price 16oz) $9 1oz per tank - $9 / 16 = .57 cents x3 = $1.71

10 miles est to and from work thats ruffly 8 work days so estimate around 3 tanks per month - $4.30 x 3 = $12.90 + $1.71 = $14.61 a month for travel expenses

"Faggots and hipsters buy mopeds. If you would like to be one you should buy a moped."

I just wrote your speech for you.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account