Re: Safari find - disapointed...

Jaime, sent you an e-mail about the mower shop Safari.

Damn, I wish my Testi had the motor from that one at the lawn mower shop.

man that p6 in the video really rips through those gears with ease once it's on the pipe. my mt400 is one of the most solid feeling moped frames i've ridden. to 65 and back it feels good, i would love to put a 4 or 6 speed on it and REALLY wake it up.

Andy, I think the p6 can either have 4 or 6.. just a matter of switching the gears and shift or adding 5th, 6th. I have a p6/4r here in the shop with pedal. To bad someone chop sawd the frame. What a shame I said. Took the nice engine and went home saying to my self whom in the world would cut/chop a minarelli frame up like that really its mzv frame with a minarelli brand engine. It would be rad to stuff it into the microcar.

It has pedals and 4 gears of fun!(edited)

Rob, If you pull the magneto and the stator off there should be a hex head looking with the year of the casing. 82 is the one on the c3 I built and the p6/4r I have is unknown as of yet. Never made it that far.

Here is a good one. I just want to hear what you're going to tell the office that pull you over. Much love for the engine design and radness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=EB1beDMdLxM

Reynold Cortigine /

thanks Ed that video made me feel all giddy I think I'm going to have to bang out some gears on my minibike now

do they have a dry multiplate clutch? or did this guy do a custom jobby?

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

ed i have a microcar that needs a p4 or p6... and a c2 frame you want...

andy, thats morini fifty neat machines. They make some crazy racing parts for these and its a costly little machine. rob, I would never sell that ever. Super rare engine, I have c2 project also that I want to get rid of and a za50 collection to get rid of. Crazy how it rips up the road like a bat out of hell! I scored a pretty nice microcar up by your way little while ago.

It surely can be stuffed into the microcar for sure.(edited)

Here to help! :) rey

andy, its label minarelli p6 has to be some aftermarket clutch cover and dry clutch system. says MT on the case. Should had my glasses on. lol

chip, here is your testi w/ pedals!

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

thought you might want the frame still haha, i could use another c2 and can add to the za collection!

ed, whose testi is that, i am assuming somebody in europe got lucky with that one?

The Reverend Defecator /

Hey Rob, I just bought a Safari yesterday from a guy in Reading !!! You could just sell me yours as a parts bike !! By the way, you have to see my Gran Sport, I got that baby ripping !!!

Things that no gal or guy should ever forget..

"never be disappointed if you find a safari no matter the shape"

Winning! ya know.

Rob. please post pics of that lovely build once compete/restored. A+ Job!(edited)

random vid

Reynold Cortigine /

I've had a safari for sale for ever and can't get it sold but its missing the tank and seat

What motor is on it? I may be interested in it!

is it the model with the gas tank in the frame?(edited)

Reynold Cortigine /

It has a v1 on it with the pan exhaust. It doesn't have the cap and petcock on the frame so I rigged a garelli tank on it.

safari 002.JPG

Interesting. That indeed appears to be an MT400 with the tank and seat gone.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account