4 speed French Titled moped

Ok just before everyone gets all linguisticaly purist on me and this ped , The French call this a moped some call it a moped with gears , the title says moped so you can have an opinion but it is a moped to me. I am in France right now going thru barns and the French country side picking mopeds and vintage bikes, so when this one came in my radar i had to get it, here is the breakdown :

Motobecane SP98 Frame/tank/wheels

Motobecane EV cylinder with AV14 bottom end

and here is the kicker Motobecane D75 4 speed gear box with foot shifter and foot break

Did i say i have the title for this bike and it is coming to the streets of the Beautiful US of A ...

Re: 4 speed French Titled moped

That is fucking AWESOME! How fast will it go?

This not Variated BTW

Great bike. I'm envious that you have the opportunity to look for bikes in France and ship them over here.

Should be fun to try to get registered....can be a big hassle since it was never sold here before.

Just reg it as a motorcycle. He has paperwork on it, may be a while at the dmv but should be doable.

I've done this before with other peds and bikes, because of the age and because i have the epa and highway exemption forms approved and have all the legal documents "original title ...etc" , the state inspector comes out reviews the documents and submits his approval to the dmv then the DMV issues a new Title for these vintage bikes...it is a process and i have done this before but i heard of folks trying to cut conners and never getting the end results of being able to register their bikes

That will be the fastest gurtner powered bike in the usa

it is just a cool motobecane , just thought i would share BTW once i clear everthing and she is titled , i will clean it up a bit and she will be for sale

Sure is nice looking!

Yeti the Figg /

That thing is beautiful. I have the biggest moped boner right now for this bike.

*5 speed!!!

Brody Chacha /

Hnnnnngggggg

Cutting corners never works at the dmv/hellmouth. Glad you know what you are doing. What kind of speed does that bike see?

Gunther Mcgillicuty /

I see a new cafe seat, some spit, some shine, and that will be the shiznit.

??? crazy where is the gearbox?

I might have to take a trip up to asheville to see this one!

ooh score me a cimatti

derbeez ryderz /

Is it twist and go, or a manual clutch? It looks like a clutch pulley.

It is a foot shifted 5 speed so you have a clutch lever on the bars, back brake is a foot brake.

Looks sweet. Bring something back for all of us!

no groms no blasters /

where the pedals at

Rich of the cutters has one of those, they're amazing. Good score.

Jesus Emmanuel...

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

I like

more or less like on a Sach .

Lots of Sachs with gears over there. If you come across any 3 or 4 speed with pedals, you have a waiting customer.

bump! i love it

E,

That is a sweet find. : )

The Europeans have a different view as to what a moped is or isn't. They are more progressive with their laws and basically any 50cc bike is a moped. Even my 2005 Derbi GPR is called a moped in the manual, and the word MOPED is stamped on the exhaust. :P I still had to register it as a motor-driven vehicle. : /

SteveR does have a rather valid moped question though...

-Rob-

Completely stock according to the regulatory spec sheet filed for the bike in France, the speeds are computed at the 7,500 red line to be 20km/h in 1st; 33,6km/h in 2nd; 48,3km/h in 3rd; 64,3km/h in 4th and 75,75km/h in top. That is about 47mph.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account