Re: Do I need a motorcycle license to ride an MB5 in Massachusetts?

Justin T /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Its a grey area of the law. Use your better judgement. I just registered my Honda NS50 as a street bike.. Well, because it's a street bike by MA Law and it has VIN #'s and a Title. It has 6 gears and pegs therefore its classed as a street bike which requires a street bike license, registration, and proper insurance.. BOOOOO! I can ride on the street and not get run over because its fast enough for the street and if I get pegged I'm covered.

This is what I mean by grey law.. I also sell new Tomos's w pegs or with pedals and the title states MOPED on both models peg or pedal. If the title say's moped on it its a moped. Mopeds do not have a VIN#. Street bikes do have a VIN#. Theres no moped database in the state of MA and your sticker gets linked to your serial number on your moped through your registration when you register with a MA Moped Registration. If they run your #'s and its a VIN# you will be forced to register it as a Street Bike. If you don't have a title you will have to apply for a new one.. Run the numbers and see.

J.T.

Pirate Cycles

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account