Re: Driving in the state of Maryland.

fallout Survivor /

Like I said, cry me a fucking tear.

You can always drive your moped off road.

obvicley you denial people didnt understand tht, u r too quick to judge. you dont knoe me untill you see me. plain and simple

and btw drinking underage is the stupidest thing ever.

Andrew Squiggman /

go ride a bicycle

<rant>

Geez, stop crying and wait two years or ride a friggin bicycle. The law is the law, and they are there for a reason. Everybody has to wait, not just you. Fourteen is too young, regardless of how "responsible" you are (responsibility and "studying driving" have nothing to do with being able to do it). Hell, I was driving a tractor at age 3, were you? I still would never have considered driving until I was of age, and I was even cautious when I did start driving. And driving is bad enough, on two wheels you have no protection other than a helmet. What do you think is gonna happen when you hit a patch of loose pavement and you go sliding and a car runs over your head? If you were experienced, you might know how to actually get out of the slide...

Im sure I may not be in the best position to say all this, because I am 21yrs old, but its the damn truth. If you can't even write a post without screwing up your grammar/spelling, believe me, you don't need to be riding a moped (learn how to speak in something other than chats-peak, it will really help your chances at a normal life)

You will realize when you get older that your way of thinking now is REALLY stupid. I know I did some dumb shit when I was 14, but I sure thought it was cool at the time.

Oh, and stupidest is not a word...

</rant>

I am not trying to encourage anyone to break the law. I just stated what I have observed.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Wait. What?

You're mad because the state of MD won't let you ride your moped on public roads until you are of age?

You claim that you are too mature and responsible for some bulllshit law, and that they should make exceptions for people like you?

I think being mature is not objecting the law, it's understanding the law in this case.

If you don't think it's fair, fight to change the law and quit wasting your time being defiant with strangers on a moped forum. Responsibility is the accountability of your actions...that's what makes you mature. Sorry bro, but judging by your attitude in the thread, perhaps the state made the right decision to establish that law.

Patrick Baltard /

Honestly, if you can't handle York Road, then you shouldn't be on the road at all.

Get a bicycle and wait 'til it's legal for you to have a moped in MD, or move. Just because you're "experienced" or "mature" doesn't mean you should be exempt from Maryland Law.

if you dont know me, dont comment. first off, I cant ride a bike to work. its local, but not that local. second, i can drive, i know the laws. i study the rules. you people are ignorant, selfish, and too quick to judge. If i were allowed to drive a moped, i would only local. since i cant drive, it negatively impacts me.

not public roads, local public roads. They are a HUGE difference

oh im sorry, last time i checked york road is indeed a hell hole. but then saying an empty local is not an option then well my friend, you are full of ignorance. you think that if i dont feel comfortable enough on york road, i should be on the road at all. that is false. i dont want to be on major roads. only local so i can drive to work and school, without relying on other and i dont want government confrontation to tell me how i drive. nor any person who hasnt seen me drive

Zeke Rigg /

your right we don't know you. but i knew my self as a 14 year old. when i drove my moped ,yeah i know not legal get over it. I thought i was a good drive I thought I was safe and responsible. actually your thoughts remind me a lot of myself back then. and guess what i had been riding since I was 8 on the streets and have lived away from my parents at points so don't think you some how are actually more responsible or a better driver than me.

I didn't realize till i was 16 and was an ok driver how easy it is to get killed. some lady pulled out of a side street in front of me when i had the right of way, saw me, then panicked and stopped. solution? what you don't have one in under a second o well guess your dead. if slamming on the brakes was the first thing that came to mind your very badly injured. if you couldn't come up with some thing with in a second then there ends the life of some sweet kid don't worry after you are dead we will all say nice things about you.

trust me ride a bike. i rode mine 5 miles to school every day from 5th grade until i got my moped.

i know what you mean and where you are coming from, but i am talking about local roads only. there are rarely any cars in my neighborhood driving around, but it is too far to bike too. and its not even like possible to ride my bike to work. once again you knew yourself back then, but not me.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Queue Quatto popcorn GIF in 3...2...1...

ok. everyone here is trying to be nice to you. seriously if you've ever ventured outside of this thread on MA then you would see that most people won;t even be serious when answering a question like you posted. a lot of people gave serious answers. but obviously you are way too hard headed about this. look, you are wrong and you don't know it YET. you keep saying everyone is ignorant. and you are in no position. also why do you keep saying stuff like " don't post unless you know me" thats freaking stupid. nobody here knows you. so if you had it your way it would be an entire thread of just your posts stroking your ego. at this point nobody knows what your talking about anymore. I'm sure your are smarter then the next kid or whatever and have to try to prove that over again. but you obviously have a lot to learn. learn patience man.

Drive your ped, get run over, Darwin will show you why the age is the way it is

i keep saying that because they dont. and they havt seen me drive, so how would they know if i cant drive of not? and good excuse there. and in what case am i wrong? about underage people capable of more than you think? about me being able to drive? bs.

and why wouldnt they take me serious? because im underage? ok this to this, my friend olivia is getting her permit in january, but she doesnt hav any prior knowledge of driving, nor know anything about driving, nor has had experience. but then look at me when i hav prior knowledge about driving and study drivers ed laws and hav drving experience and you say "you need too be 15 and 9 months to acquire a permit." you can kiss my ass. That is udder ridiculous. No matter 14, or 15 almost 16, i have prior knowledge and experience and study maryland mv laws. but than someone, with no experience or knowledge what so ever can receive it? 25 or 14, that is pathetic. and now ik people will now say "stop rambling she is of age and youare not and its a saftey issue" yes all that is true, BUT, i could still drive, but she cant. And she still manages to receive her permit, corrupt much?

good excuse there

Get over it Tim. The reason driving age differ by state is difference in roads, population, traffic, etc. In MT or parts of the Midwest you can go for hours and hardly see another car. In MD you can easily become road kill.

I hate to break it to you but life is not all about YOU. The laws wii not change just because, as Barney obviously told you, you are special.

You think 14 is the right age because, how bout that, you are 14. I know a 12 year old who can drive a tractor trailer. Should he be given a license to drive one? How about a 9 year old? How low do you want to go?

I read a lot about golf and I have studied the subject. Guess what? I still stink at it. Ther is no substitute for experience. Just because you read the traffic laws does not mean you will know how to avoid a minivan driver eating a burrito while chatting on the cell phone. Honestly, I do not want to share the road with a bunch of 14, 15, 16. Year olds who think they are immortal and always right. The roads are insane enough as is.

You have plenty of time. Enjoy your youth, it will not last for long and you will never get it back.

damn you people dont get it!! I DONT THINK 14 YEAR OLDS SHOULD DRIVE!!! I SAID TO MAKE ATLEAST 1 EXECPTION!!!! IF ALL 14 YEAR OLDS COULD DRIVE IT WOULD BE HELL!!! I SAID 1 EXCEPTION! AND YOU CANT COMPARE GOLF TO DRIVING!! I PLAY GOLF. THERE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! YOU HAVE GOOD AND BAD DAYS! DRIVING IS ABOUT GETTING SOMEPLACE FASTER WITH WITH SAFETY! AND GOD DAMN IT NEIGTHER WITH HER! IF WE TOOK MY FRIEND OLIVIA, WITH THE CRAP SHE DOESNT KNOWW, OR WILL KNOW, SHE WOULD DIE AS WELL! NOT JUST ME! NOT JUST YOU! EVERYONE IN TTHAT SITUATION! I WILLL NOT GIVE UP, unless i am REALLY proven wrong, not like "to bad ur 14" that is not a good enough reason and yes, i need a better reason. you people are taking this situation and changing it into something its not, like if i was talking about an exception and how my friend doesnt know shit but is still allowed to get her permit you say "let it go, 14 year olds shouldnt drive" yeah they shouldnt!! thats why I said EXCEPTIONSSSS!!!!!!! like up to 5. and how do you know they will or will not crash? you havnt seen them? you can tell us how TO drive, but not HOW we drive.

just because someone is the most qualified (or of age) doesn't mean they are the best person for the job (aka driving). dont change any of that to something its not, look at my last responce

What I found ironic is here in canada your able to drive a motorcycle before your able to drive a car. I got a motorcycle as soon as I turned 16; fuck I was cool in highschool, I dont know when things went wrong hahaha

Oh little Timmy, now you do sound like a typical, self absorbed, foolish 14 year old. The state should make 1 exception, an exception just for you. Seriously? Perhaps we can propose it to the MD state legislature, we can call it Tim's Law.

Everyone sing along now ...

Oh, you are special you're the only one, you're the only one like you. There's nobody else in the whole wide world who can drive a moped like you ... Cause you are special, special ... (edited)

all this BABBLING by an immature 14 year old.

"I WILLL NOT GIVE UP, unless i am REALLY proven wrong"

i humbly offered the GDL for your review, you ignored that.

you said "if you dont know me, dont comment."

NO ONE here has EVER been 14 and wanted something.

you wrote:

"just because someone is the most qualified (or of age) doesn't mean they are the best person for the job"

Tim Chesser for President.

it's ok, you've been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

fact, you don't know your laws regarding driving legally.

fact, it's for your own good, like a child and a hot stove.

fact: Tim Chesser has been on a 29 post rant on 1 subject, adding NOTHING of VALUE to these forums.

i ADVISE no further posting, allow this to slip into obscurity

otherwide, i'll feel compelled to add Little 14 year old Timmy to the wiki

learn to wrench, read, comment, and become a great pedder with all the encouragement these forums have to offer.

don't ride dirty and end up a hood ornament, please.

i wish i started wrenching when i was 14, rather then chasing (insert vice here)

good luck

Perfekt Timing Angel /

IBTL!

I just gotta say...DAaaannnnngggg...GLENN For The Win.

That's all.

sooo... did anyone notice that Tim is from "Cockeysville?" Isnt that near Trollsburg?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account