Vespa Ciao Pully - zippy?

on www.50cc.nl they have different size rear pullys listed for the ciao... in theory, wouldnt a larger rear pully also help my low end problem?

the power is still an issue... i rode it down to the market this morning, and its a slight downhill there.. doing about 24-25... coming back up, i had to pedal it to get it going up the slight hill, but once it "caught", i was doing 24-ish again... probably the belt? fabio seemed to think that a loose belt (mine is certainly loose) would increase speed, since the engine would rev higher before catching the belt... but if this is the case, wouldnt that also affect my low end?

and it still looses power when i stop after riding for a little while and try to take off again... ? belt??

also, do you know what size pully is stock on the rear for the ciao supreme? if i decide to get a larger rear pully, i will need to know what size this one is (also with getting a new belt, the belt sizes are relative to what size pully i have)..

go to http://www.50cc.nl/frameset_eng.htm and click "performance parts" in the upper right, then "vespa", then "ciao", then "drive belt pully".. see what you thinnk...

thanks!

casey

Re: Vespa Ciao Pully - zippy?

Don't Casey, you are asking me questions about where no Zippy has gone before. Best to go to the source.

I checked out their site, very nice. They have a tech support forum where theu will answer your question. http://www.50cc.nl/2stroke_pleasure.htm

Good luck and keep me posted. You should also check on seat belts if you soup that puppy up. :)

Hi Casey

drop a word. Meant to say "Don't know Casey"

haha, thanks.. yeah, ill email them or something..

i saw "don't casey" and i was all thinking "why not???"... haha

this low end thing is getting me a little bummed. =]

casey

also, is 32:1 mix good for the ciao?? thats what im using..

casey

Mr Piaggio's manual calls for 50:1 or 2.5 ounces 2 stroke motor oil to one gallon of gas.

I also noticed in this same section it calls for gapping the plug at .020, another place it states .024. So you might experiment a little with the gap and see if you notice any difference.

hey zippy.. thanks alot, ill try all that...

you can be certain if i have any more questions, ill let ya know! thanks!

casey

Re: 25 MPH Ciao

Casey:

There may be nothing wrong with your Ciao. There were models made that were lower speed models to meet local ordinaces.

Check your muffler and see if it says 25MPH.

This could be the clue.

Jim

awesome, thanks for the tip.. where on the muffler should i look? i looked pretty carefully at it when i tried to clean it out (trying to find a way to get inside) and didnt see any printing..

casey

Casey and Jim,

The 25 mph model and the 30 mph model are essentially the same, with the exception of the muffler. The 20 mph model has a different transmission, muffler, hub and fuel jet. On the 20mph model Ciao, there is a marking (actually part of the casting) on the inside of the clutch hub that says "30km/h." Also, you can check whether it is a 20 mph model in this manner: On that model, the rear pulley is smaller and the rear hub has extra gears in it (it is actually identical to the Grande and Bravo hub) to gear it down. You can test for this by counting the ratio of rear wheel turns to driven pulley turns. 25 and 30 mph models, the pulley turns approx. 8 times per turn of the wheel. On the 20 mph model, the pulley turns approx. 14 times per turn of the wheel.

Hope this helps.

Chris S

right on chris.. thanks for the help!

casey

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account